Smart Car of America Forum banner

Reflex

2K views 16 replies 7 participants last post by  Niteshooter 
#1 ·
I finally got around to to putting mu Father's day gift on my car, Reflex. first i washed it good then went over it with a cleaner wax to remove stubborn dirt and road debris. then i washed the car in dawn, hand dried it then applied the Reflex and oh my gosh does it shine. like nite and day compared to regular car wax.

I just hope it lasts longer than regular wax.

then i applied "Like New" on all the flat black stuff, gas door, wiper arms, air intake and rocker/valance panels. it doesn't shine like Back to Black but it keeps the parts looking good for up to 2 years and doesn't come off in rain.

Lookin Good!!!

#3 ·
RejeX doesn’t enhance shine. It has no polishes, cleaners, or abrasives.

It is a long-lasting, bonded, ultra-slippery coating that helps to ‘reject’ dirt, water, and contaminants from your paint and/or other surfaces. RejeX will keep your car looking cleaner longer (therefore reducing frequency of washing), and can make it much easier to wash and dry when the time comes. It greatly minimizes stuff sticking... like bugs, bird crap, road grime, brake dust, and general dirt. You can wax over RejeX, but I never bother.

#8 ·
Interesting. How long have you been using the product? How do you see Topcoat compared to RejeX? Are they alike in some ways and different in others? How about speed and ease of application, longevity, etc.? Maybe you could give somewhat of a review.

I’ve been ecstatically using RejeX for 10 years, but still like to be open-minded!

#13 ·
that stuff sounds great....if you can afford 60 bucks for a bottle. i guess this is the point where i say elbow grease is cheaper. maybe Santa will think I've been a good boy this year

two questions about rejex

about how long is one coat good for?

any benefits to a second coat?

#14 ·
As with many things, the answers are "it depends".

I've been using Rejex since I got my Corvette six years ago and found it was the product of choice as it worked well on the plastic body panels. My car is garaged and so a coat of Rejex lasts between six and nine months on the paint before the water beading and feel of the surface change significantly. It lasts a lot less time on wheels, maybe a month or two.

I've found it much better to put a coat on and let it sit for a while before rubbing off the dried residue. Once I applied it before leaving for a week long vacation. That application seemed to hold up much better than any I've done before or after. I've tried two coats on the hood and front fascia but the extra longevity wasn't that much more.

#15 ·
Reflex is not as good on windows as Rainx is. I was in a thunderstorm today and the water does not bead off like Rainex does

when i put Reflex on it sat for two weeks before i would even drive it cause of the weather. i wiped it down before i drove it and i could see a haze even after i buffed it twice when f inshing.

then i remembered something the detailers used to do after prepping a car for sale. they would wax it then just wash it with water and dry it. this removed residue that DOES not come off when wiping/buffing because of the stuff that remains on the cloth.

BELIEVE me it does make a difference

#16 ·
this stuff is GREAT. i have driven to work and home in rain or just wet streets the last three days. each evening i take a micro fiber cloth and wipe the car down.....and guess what? the cloth is only slightly soiled so that means the wet streets (without rain to wash the car off) hardly sticks to the car

#17 ·
Um guys, you seem to be talking about two different products here. TR keeps mentioning Reflex and not Rejex....

Personally I would not wipe down a car I had driven on the street in the rain without rinsing it first, as you note you are removing some dirt with your MF cloth, that dirt once in the cloth will happily put fine scratches in your finish.

We've started using a product called Moonshyne which is a commercial car wash product. The wife uses it at her work and the results are pretty amazing, so far having very good results with it on our vehicles.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.