Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Regen Paddles non responsive...

Every month or so when i randomly get in the ED the regen paddles are unresponsive for a short period of time. Eventually they become active after about 5 minutes but its annoying during the short duration since im driving and my only option is to solely use the brakes. I've tried turning the car off and waiting a minute or so and then turning it back on but that doesnt do anything until the "time period" is over.

Was wondering if anyone else has experienced this, just curious as to why it does this sometimes, AND when it does this it is when i use the brakes the most :rofl:

·
Registered
184 Posts
Does it occur mostly when the battery is fully charged?

If so, it is likely the BMS protecting the battery from being overcharged. Lithium batteries tend to fail, if you try to overcharge them. That's likely why the manual warning about not charging until the charge level falls below 80%.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does it occur mostly when the battery is fully charged?

If so, it is likely the BMS protecting the battery from being overcharged. Lithium batteries tend to fail, if you try to overcharge them. That's likely why the manual warning about not charging until the charge level falls below 80%.

If i remember correctly its happened on full charges and mid to low charges (40% - 70%)

It's only happened about 4-5 times during the duration of my 4 month ownership.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If it's happening randomly, I would suspect a loose/intermittent connection type of issue.

Well i guess i could say that its a monthly repeating occurrence. It is kind of random but it doesn't just happen at any time, it happens about once every month. After it happens it doesn't happen again for a while. So i don't know what it is or why it does it. Not a big deal but just curious. I think i'll mention it to the dealer when i go in next time but im sure they will have no clue lol.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts