Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
As of now we have twenty-five cars and forty-three participants registered.
I checked with the hotel and they have thirty rooms rented and there are a few camping.
So for those who haven’t sent in their registration fee, make sure I get it by April 30.
Any registration fee received after April 30 will be returned.

·
Super Moderator
28,240 Posts
This is pretty depressing. Lots of new folks on SCoA, including some enthusiastic 453 owners, and yet this is the level of interest in a national smart event? Kind of ironic when we spend a lot of time collectively telling anyone who'll listen (including our new smart USA member) how enthusiastic we are as a group. In this case actions seem to speak a lot louder than words.... :shrug:

See you in Deadwood! :toot :burnout:

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
I have the same thoughts. Myself & the organizer for the So Cal Smarties have spent a lot of time organizing the caravan from the Los Angeles area to Deadwood. I am disappointed by the response & almost wonder if it wouldn't be better to cancel the entire event?

·
Super Moderator
28,240 Posts
That's Tom's call. I'd hate to see it cancelled - that would be the nail in the coffin for any more national smart events IMHO. But it will turn out however it turns out - we'll see. :shrug:

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No, no chance I'm canceling, with 26 cars right now I can cover what I've planed out. Any more sign on the more I can do, like a discount on breakfast maybe. So as May 1st I'll finalize and order everything and that's it, sit back and wait for every ones arrival.

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Even though I can't make your event I wish you luck, as a frequent participant of Outsmarting the Dragon in NC I feel the need to wear a black armband this August as it looks like this is the last year for that event. The organizers are finding it more difficult to run it in NC when they live in Fl, but the venue is so far out in the boonies there are no smart car drivers close enough and willing to take over the job of organizing the event. Maybe we can get together in small groups to ride the dragon but it won't be the same.

·
OTD3 lifetime Member
1,184 Posts
I've been on the fence, mostly because my work schedule doesn't lend itself to planning that far out, and partly because my wife doesn't have adequate vacation time. After getting together with my smart friends last weekend in Ohio, I pretty much decided to go, even if I had to go solo. I was going to reserve and register today.
Alas, I was just informed of an annual company event that requires my attendance from the 14th thru the 17th.
I hope you all have a great event and a great time.

Now that I know I'm being prevented from going, I'm really disappointed!

·
Registered
292 Posts
Wow, South Dakota huh? Never been there. I hope you all have a really good time. I haven't been on in quite some time so I am just stopping by to see what's been going on. I see registration is low, but it can change. I wonder how many people still own Smart Cars since it all began? I still have mine with only 30,000 for a 2012. Still love it. I'll be thinking of you all.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Unfortunately, after the Colorado Nationals, I was black-balled afterwards for speaking my mind about how shoddy it was organized and the fact that I won an award and they recognized everyone who did but me. Hurt my feelings cause I had never won anything before. Anyway in spite of my apologies to all involved, I was not forgiven and that was that. Now water under the bridge. You all have fun!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Some of us never went to the Smart National in Colorado. So why not give us a second chance. The scenery alone is worth the trip. I am helping organize it and if you don't like something I will be more then happy to express your concerns without any type of animosity. I am known to speak my mind and my opinion even when not asked.

·
OTD3 lifetime Member
1,184 Posts
As it turns out, my inflexible work engagement was postponed by a week! The hotel reservation is made for the 13th thru the 16th. I spoke to tgobie already and the registration form and check will be in the mail tomorrow.
I believe my better half will also be able to come. She'll fly into and out of Detroit and we'll leave from here.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts