Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

· Administrator
30,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a couple of people (dbwill and 24-42) recommend Rejex for the smart so I gave it a go. So far have applied it to the front clip, the roof, and the black panels around the rear hatch. Brilliant! Goes on easily and the difference between the waxed panels and the Rejex panels is clear. Highly recommended! :cool:

Got mine here.

· Banned
5,086 Posts
stupid question.......what is "Rejex"? a wax? plastic protectant? energy drink for smarts? :confused:

i've read where the plastic panels do tend to have static electricity build-up. with the "Rejex" applied, is this reduced?

i hate dust.......especially on my CAR!!! :(

· Registered
274 Posts
Had a couple of people (dbwill and 24-42) recommend Rejex for the smart so I gave it a go.
I used to frequent a detailers forum where professional detailers would talk about different waxes, procedures, etc. and I seem to remember them saying that rejex was 'OK' but that didn't last very long, and didn't look or last as good as Zaino. It's been tested by other places too, like gurureports, and they said that rejex was a little over hyped and roughly comparable to Ice, so I never looked into it after that. However they did say it worked good on wheels for the brake dust and was easy to apply. I'll have to see if I can find some data for you but in two or three weeks I plan on doing a no holds bared side by side test of Zaino and rejex. If I get my new camera by then I'll post some pics :)

· Administrator
30,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I can say that it looks much better than Ice and is much smoother on the car, since I'd used Ice on the car initially. Just running a cloth from the Rejex sections to the Ice sections you can feel the drag from the Ice panels. Supposedly lasts at least six months - we'll see. So far I'm very impressed. :)

· Registered
836 Posts
I can say that it looks much better than Ice and is much smoother on the car, since I'd used Ice on the car initially. Just running a cloth from the Rejex sections to the Ice sections you can feel the drag from the Ice panels. Supposedly lasts at least six months - we'll see. So far I'm very impressed. :)
There are two things that affect longevity the most. They are: A touch car wash will eventually wear the Rejex off due to the rubbing of the brush material. The other is Rejex does not adhere as well to a car that has been waxed, do it is recommended that all wax be removed prior to application.

· Registered
141 Posts
My experience with Rejex is that it is very easy to apply, looks great, makes washing a breeze, but lasts only about 3 months (hand washing the car an average of once every two weeks). I plan to keep using it, but I haven't tried it on my Smart and its plastic panels yet.

Stan

· Registered
274 Posts
Thanks jwight :) I look forward to testing it on half of my car to see how it holds up. I will also be measuring the shine and see how well it protects the car while it is being tested against Zaino. Supposedly after it rains the shine starts to go away. BTW-I've had several people tell me that if your car is not dark in color, then you need to wait at least 12 hours before you apply a second coat. Otherwise it seems to yellow under the sun. I'll be testing this too. Pictures forthcoming :)

· Registered
274 Posts
Try a small spot. Key word - small. I do know that it works better than rain-x for the windows, and it's also good for keeping the brake dust low on wheels. The verdict is still out on how well it works on the cars body, but it goes on very easy which is one reason why some like it :)

· Registered
861 Posts
I tried some on my hood today after I washed and dried my car, temp was about 60. It went on easy enough and after waiting 30 minutes or so I wiped off, now i can see little spots that I didn't notice before, i don't know if I'll do my entire car now

· Registered
424 Posts
Rejex aplications should be given a 12 hour, out of the elements period to cure properly I would expect that this would apply to second coats if you feel a second is needed. I must say though that I was impressed with the results. I have also used Ice and it seemed to turn my car into a magnet for dust, may have just been the conditions dust, etc.. car was beautiful after detailing just didn't stay that way for long. Don't know how it will be for my smart as I do not have it yet, but my black Monte sure looks nice.

· Registered
424 Posts
I tried some on my hood today after I washed and dried my car, temp was about 60. It went on easy enough and after waiting 30 minutes or so I wiped off, now i can see little spots that I didn't notice before, I don't know if I'll do my entire car now
I had the same happen with a different product in the past, I had not dried as thoroughly as I normally do and thought the few faint water spots/streaks would rub off with 'waxing' not the case. Don't know if that's what may have caused yours. :confused:

· Registered
424 Posts
Right, surface should be cool to the touch. Never heard of a 75 degree recommendation, I'll have to look that up. I'll also see if my husband can send me a sheet on the product, they sell it at the FBO were he works, and have a pretty detailed sheet on instructions and recommendations, more info than can fit on the bottle. BTW Curtis there is a 100% refund if you are unhappy for any reason just in case.

· Registered
274 Posts
Keep in mind that rejex is a polymer and not a wax, so the colder temps could simply just be making it harder to cure. The same is true under high humidity conditions. Under normal conditions it cures overnight, so with the colder temps maybe just a little bit longer. Also, these are specific 'spots' right, and not just swirl marks?

· Registered
424 Posts
OK I have the 'sheet' really not much more than you'll find on the RejeX wesite. 8 hours cure time between coats, can be applied over wax but won't last as long, don't apply wax over the Rejex, can't find anything about the 75 degree recommendation on the sheet or anywhere I've looked on the net but I didn't look terribly long so it's very possible that I've missed this. Maybe Smart Car Geek can give us some more info?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.