Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a remap that really works on these cars. I have a 2014 Brabus smart and just looking for a little extra power out of it..Thanks for your time.

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
The short answer is no, as far as software making a noticeable performance difference on a stock naturally aspirated 451.

There are more involved ways to increase performance, aftermarket turbos being one. Do a search for "turbo" on the site and do some reading.

·
Registered
318 Posts
I suggest:
1) Silicone intake tube
2) Some sort of exhaust ( I just replaced mufflers for a better flowing one)
3) Upgraded rear springs - Makes the car handle so much better
4) If you want to squeek out a little bit more, buy some basic NGK spark plugs, "side gap" them and install.

Want more? Go turbo... You'll never go back... :)

With this combo you free up about 10hp and it's been proven.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I suggest:

4) If you want to squeek out a little bit more, buy some basic NGK spark plugs, "side gap" them and install.
This kind of reminds me of "spltfire" and/or "bosch plus 4" sparkplugs. Never hear about those anymore. Someone enlighten me why they have fallen out of favor.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Because they are stupid expensive and you can achieve the same performance increase by "side gapping" your $1 spark plugs.

Last I remember those "High performance" plugs were like $8-$10 each.

Obviously in higher performance applications, the engine may need that "special plug" but for anything we are doing... Save your money.

That is a very general reason why.

·
DrKillerBee
1,493 Posts
Cold air intake and silicone tube for the intake will make the car a little faster and it will sound a lot faster. No drone or excessive noise...just a nice throaty sound when you accelerate.
Use your paddle shifters more and the car performs better.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts