Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 406 Posts

·
5,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the Dragon thread we have been posting sitings of the remote control smarts; we know Rite Aid is not all over the country. I will be happy to watch for them in the Charlotte area. Appears they are part of the early Christmas stock coming out on the shelves.

so far there are sitings in Ohio, NC and AL posted

Price in OH $22.95, the NC and AL price was $19.99.

red/silver and blue/silver are the colors so far.
there is a pic on smartusainsider photos
Photo uploaded on September 2, 2010 - smart USA insider

·
Lifetime Member
11,307 Posts
Woo hoo. Just checked locations and I have one 48 minutes away. Their directions don't know about the shortcuts etc. I can do it in 35 minutes easy.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Damn....I just missed it. I was in Biloxi for the past couple of weeks and there was Rite Aid few miles from hotel. Rite Aid website shows location right next to my house, but I know that it is a CVS for many years now.

·
5,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'd be willing to bring them to the Dragon or ship. PM me if needed to make shipping arrangements. I do not have boxes, but I can get creative.

·
17,360 Posts
Alrighty then...Who wants a R/C hayabusa conversion? I have a 30k RPM motor that'll do the job :)Neon...The banned guy...

·
Premium Member
5,764 Posts
Me two

There is a small one right down the street from me. and a big one 5 min. from my work.
I'll have to drop in tomorrow and pick one up for me. I've never had an r.c. car of my own. and this one is sooooo cute.
ONE can never have enough smarts.
I guess this is one way I could give my son a new car.:D

·
17,360 Posts
I can never have enough R/Cs. I have a 9 year old R/C Ramrod from Radioshack that's been through everything (snow, mud, a pond) and still runs like a champ...

I recently fried out a circuit board tripling the power on one of my R/Cs (for Science Club robot build) and accidentally cut the wires on another...

I must find $20 immediately! :)

Neon...the banned one...:D

·
He's not mine
9,607 Posts
I bought four of the Rite Aid RC smarts today. Two Red and two Blue. I'm thinking one or two of them will make Christmas gifts for nephews, one for me, and that leaves one or two for someone who wants me to bring it up to OSDII. Price with tax came to $21.79. They require 3 AA batteries for the car, and one 9v for the controller.

·
5,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
we may need to tally the extras coming to the Dragon.

I am bringing at least 2 extras for the deprived that have no Rite Aids, plus mine and Gary's.

Who wants to claim the 2 extras I have and do you want red or blue?

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
how about a little body swap onto team losi's new 4wd rc car?
trim the wheel wells, drop the body with a little bumper trim, side pin the body on.

the new 4wd stadium truck has simulated tire locks on the wheels, looks better.

maybe i'll have completed pics tomorrow

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
I'll have to drop in tomorrow and pick one up for me. I've never had an r.c. car of my own. and this one is sooooo cute.
ONE can never have enough smarts.
I guess this is one way I could give my son a new car.:D
unfortunately id call this a childs toy more so than a rc car,
with the conversion kit, it becomes something better,
the complete losi car was 109 out the door at ultamate hobbies, orange calif.

·
17,360 Posts
I really like it...However the nearest Rite Aid is 50+ miles from my house in Chicago...

I cannot possibly fabricate any sort of story that would allow me to go that far...:(

Is it on their website???

·
He's not mine
9,607 Posts
I really like it...However the nearest Rite Aid is 50+ miles from my house in Chicago...

I cannot possibly fabricate any sort of story that would allow me to go that far...:(
Are you kidding me? LOL, I used the RC smarts as an excuse to make a 200 mile Sunday drive today! :D

Of course, it's true, I answer only to one person ... myself. :)

·
Premium Member
5,764 Posts
Your so funny!

end result, fantastic now, i'll try to get video tomorrow.

hayabusa ++

The original losi wheels looked something like lorinser wheels to me. They might have filled the wheel wells better. Intresting antennna out of that cabrio top. Does the top operate at any speed?
I would imagine a losi has fine speed and steering control. too fine for my poor ADD motor reflexes.

A co worker friend had the crap scared out of her when a child's r.c. car zoomed out into the street in front of her. At first it scared her and then it made her mad.
A bit later she returned towards home and again the toy car appeared out of no where. She was ready, swerved and NAILED IT! YES! She was so proud. That wouldn't be happening again on her street anyway. No sympathy here.
Life's hard, toys die.
I'll be watching for the video. (Frankly) Yes, I can Butch it up a little! :D

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
cant you tell its a passion?
id have to move the a arm pivots to fill the wells better and i havent done that since my 06 mustang with a saleen supercharger (565HP)
http://www.steeda.com/products/control_arm_relocation_kit.php
and yes the sunshade visor does work nicely
these are the losi concentric alloy wheels and the antenna is for the circus radio.
and my parent would never let me drive without a license and not knowing the rules of the road.

1 - 20 of 406 Posts