Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone happen to know where i can find a guide on removing the front panel on a 453? I'm kinda considering the idea of MAYBE going through the effort of retrofitting some HID projectors (but probably using LED bulbs in them) on my Prime... but really want to know exactly WHAT i'd be getting myself into in order to remove the front panel, to be able to remove the headlight housings from the car, before really mulling it over further

·
Registered
19 Posts
front bumper on a 453

I'd like the know the same thing. I want to put aftermarket fog lights on but have only seen instructions for older models. I wonder if you lower panel can come off without having to remove entire front end.

·
Premium Member
1,170 Posts
I would like to remove the front bumper also.

I bought a "Bad Boy" horn :tootand I want to take the front bumper off, to get access to install the new horn.

(I had Buckhead smart install this horn on my 2009 Brabus Cabrio years ago, but they want stupid money to install one on my 453)

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
I bought a "Bad Boy" horn :tootand I want to take the front bumper off, to get access to install the new horn.

(I had Buckhead smart install this horn on my 2009 Brabus Cabrio years ago, but they want stupid money to install one on my 453)
I have had a Hi-Lo set of horns to add to my 453 but haven’t yet investigated. I have read that you can access horn(s) from inside each wheelwell after removing splash guards but haven’t yet tried.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I believe if you go to either the Blue OX website or etrailers.com and pull up the baseplate for towing the 453 you will find the instructions for mounting which include how to remove the front panel. Haven't tried it yet though.

·
Premium Member
1,170 Posts
T H A N K …..Y O U .. !!!

The Blue OX Baseplate instructions look great ! I will let you know if it is missing anything.

file:///C:/Users/phoen/AppData/Local/Packages/Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe/TempState/Downloads/Smart%20453%20how%20to%20remove%20bumper%20(3).pdf

1 - 7 of 7 Posts