Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The outer section of the door nub broke off and i pushed the nub in further by mistake. How do i remove the key mount on the door to get that plastic piece out? Does taking the lock apart get access to the nub?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Is this the little circular lock protector? If so they are cheap to buy so you could make a small hole and then screw in a small self tapper to pull it out with and then just replace it.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I drilled a hole through the plastic piece and tried to screw in a bolt to pull it out and it did not work. This was a few weeks ago. Now, i assume i need to take the lock out and take the metal cover off and reinstall.

·
Registered
815 Posts
I know what happen. The cap or cover broke off from the blade part that slides into the lock cylinder, and that part is jammed Down in the lock cylinder. Samething had happened when I got my car. My lock had to come out of the door and be taken apart to remove the piece of plastic jammed in the cylinder.
I wish I would have used a professional locksmith. I would be able to unlock my door with my key.
Good luck.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I know what happen. The cap or cover broke off from the blade part that slides into the lock cylinder, and that part is jammed Down in the lock cylinder. Samething had happened when I got my car. My lock had to come out of the door and be taken apart to remove the piece of plastic jammed in the cylinder.
I wish I would have used a professional locksmith. I would be able to unlock my door with my key.
Good luck.
Yea, thats what happen. How did you get the lock out?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts