Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
I took the Left Front tire off, then loosened the inside fender well by taking out a couple of the plastic rivits and reached in there to change mine, pretty easy.

·
Administrator
29,805 Posts
I took the Left Front tire off, then loosened the inside fender well by taking out a couple of the plastic rivits and reached in there to change mine, pretty easy.
I'm glad it was for you; I could not get that method to work for me as the fender liner is just too rigid to bend out of the way. Is it possible to remove it entirely? Thanks! :)

·
Registered
327 Posts
I'm glad it was for you; I could not get that method to work for me as the fender liner is just too rigid to bend out of the way. Is it possible to remove it entirely? Thanks! :)
John, I was able to perform the mod this way. I did however need a friend of mine to help me out in order to figure out how to mount the horn on the factory mount. I love the horn though and am glad I figured it all out.
Russ

·
Premium Member
2,744 Posts
Depending on what horn you get as a replacement (I put in a WOLO BadBoy), you may have to mount it on the back-side of the frame/panel/whatever you want to call it, instead of on the front, as the factory horn is.
I went the route of taking off the rocker-panel cover, then the driver-side of the front, and pulling it out of the way. No big deal, really (though I put the rocker-panel cover on the hard way afterwards), and it doesn't take all that long to do it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.