Smart Car of America Forum banner

Removing the Smart Emblem? Replace with a Benz..

15K views 15 replies 12 participants last post by  Raymond Ramesar 
#1 ·
What is the best method of removing the Smart emblem (Front and Back)? I'm wanting to replace it with a Mercedes Benz Star emblem. Where is the best place to get a Benz emblem?

#4 · (Edited)
I have the whole Mercedes conversion kit with photos on my website at Uptown Dog Company

You get a star for the front and back, a larger one for the gas lid, 4 Mercedes logos for the wheels and 4 tire valve caps with the Mercedes logo. It's on sale this month and it comes with directions to remove the old emblems.
Why is the Mercedes star on your website photo not centered?

BTW, I trust you realize that I do not mean to be critical. It just occurred to me that perhaps there is a rational reason for this which we should be aware of before doing this ourselves.

Jim

#10 ·
Use a hair dryer (or heat gun if you have one) to loosen the glue under the emblems.
Then dental floss (in a sawing motion) to remove.
+1, except I would go with a blowdryer. If you do use a heat gun, set it on *LOW* or you'll be replacing panels.

Also, use waxed dental floss, in preference to unwaxed. Yes, it makes a difference. The waxed floss cuts cleaner.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.