Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
smaller than a smart but I think you can see where they can get some cross-pollination going between smart & Renault.

video here: Renault Z.E. - Video

Specifications

Vehicle type:Two-seater
Overall length:2,320 mm
Width:1,191 mm
Height:1,461 mm
Maximum motor output:15 kW
Torque:57 Nm
Top speed:
Twizy 7546mph
Range :60 miles
Number of seats:2
Gross vehicle weight :420 kg (with battery)

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
this carries two as well, and yes, it is a 4-wheeled scooter (licensed as a quadra-cycle) for younger drivers, less taxes, etc. (at least you didn't call it a golf cart ;-)

it isn't pretending to be anything else.
the new smart platform is shared with the Twingo, not this. however the similarities in shape and function are there. my point is that Renault has some investment in small urban vehicles, and I think the partnership should be a good one.

curiously, the Twizy fits squarely between the new smart eScooter (should it be produced) and the fortwo.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
nissan announce their version of Twizy:

On Nov. 1, Nissan revealed more about the two-seat EV when it released pictures and details of its New Mobility Concept. The concept is a virtual clone of the Twizy electric vehicle that Renault will launch in 2011. In both vehicles the passenger sits behind the driver. Both have a range of about 62 miles and maximum speed of 47 mph.

Read more: Nissan plans 3 EVs after the Leaf

·
Registered
415 Posts
I like it but, I would ditch the passenger seat right away and add more batteries. and upgrade the speed to 60 mph somehow. Very cool find.

·
Registered
691 Posts
If it's a chain drive, a sprocket change, or a tire change will give you a top speed change. I don't know if you would really want batteries in the passenger compartment with you. In an accident, electrics need to be treated differently due to the fact that a short somewhere down line can cause dangerous voltages to appear where they aren't wanted. A lot of high voltage arcing close to your wee bits would not be my idea of a fun time.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Renault Twizy car heads to Paris this winter

From today's Secrets of Paris - Newsletter:

Something interesting you’ll soon see on the streets of Paris, the Renault Twizy is coming this winter, a tiny electric car between a scooter and a Smart, with the passenger seated behind and about 100km of juice on a full charge (plenty for a day running around Paris). There are two versions, once that is so light in terms of horsepower that you don’t need a license to drive it. Not like it can’t run someone over! It costs about €7k plus battery rental of €45/month.

Mondial 2010 ? Renault présente la version définitive de la Twizy ! : ParlonsVoitureEcologique.com

1 - 20 of 35 Posts