Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think the Renault Zoe concept car is really neat looking. It indicates 2009 but I think it would fit in today. I think it would be really neat if it was the next Smart electric car; or at least have the next one inspired by it.
My Renault Zoe.

:nerd:

·
Registered
1,163 Posts

·
To the XCAPEPOD!
6,103 Posts
Yeah, the concepts always seem to lose something when translated to real life. The concept Zoe is cool, but the production result looks like a Toyota Yaris hatch crossed with a Nissan Leaf. Not bad for a people mover, but not that visually exciting either. Tesla seems to be the only one willing to make a head turning BEV.

Once the realities of cost, production capability, safety, govt regulations, practicality for the majority, etc. rear their ugly heads, we get cars that are much the same. The smart would be an example to the contrary, but obviously a very niche vehicle made by a company willing to produce a relatively low volume (globally) car.

·
To the XCAPEPOD!
6,103 Posts
Good to see you're still around Bob :)

How's that Soul Train treating you ??? :p
Hey Chief, I still lurk! :)

Actually, after our move to town late last year, we had a complete vehicle revamp. The truck wouldn't practically fit in the townhouse garage, so it was traded for a Leaf. But, no 4WD made my wife nervous, so she wanted something with AWD that would fit in the garage. Since there isn't an AWD Soul and ours was 4 years old with some minor body damage courtesy of a company work truck, we started looking at crossover SUVs and ended up with a Nissan Rogue for our ICE travel vehicle. Very nice trip vehicle and my favorite feature is the 360 degree camera view around the vehicle.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts