Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

This is a topic that should be continuously updated (and not closed for further replies) as our cars become rarer. A new post would contain a relevant update like the price on amazon for the last link posted on topic is now $84.07 not $65 and there are many local dealerships that sell it for $69.99 if you pick it up yourself.

·
Super Moderator
1,837 Posts
For a buck or two you can pop open the desiccant cartridge and just change the beads. There is a sticky above giving that info. It is so easy and cheap to do that everyone ought to just DIY and save big time!

Len

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
For a buck or two you can pop open the desiccant cartridge and just change the beads. There is a sticky above giving that info. It is so easy and cheap to do that everyone ought to just DIY and save big time!

Len
The car doesn't ask for much and I try to buy genuine parts whenever affordable, especially on the most expensive part of the car thats worth more than the car in my case.

·
Super Moderator
1,837 Posts
Raymond - I thought the same way you do and did use the OE replacement cartridge while the car was under warranty - that amounted to one change. Then after discussions here, I decided to at least look into the "beads only" replacement. The beads Mercedes uses are not anything special and the removal of the cap for the cartridge and the replacement of the beads is so simple and cheap, that it's really wasting money using the OE part in this case. Other parts - other cases are different, but I'm convinced here that new beads are the way to go. Your money of course, but there really are better ways to waste it. :)

Len

1 - 5 of 5 Posts