Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings!

I am a member since early 2009 but have not utilized this forum much. Recently I have run into an issue that I have not had much success finding any resolution to.

At any rate, on my smart pure driver's side the rollup window moulding, mating to the softer rubber moulding on the door frame, has a tear that I am afraid is creeping larger. It is the piece that runs vertically on the door and covers only a small portion (like 1/8") of the top aft corner of the window. That small piece has torn away and now a "notch" resides in the rubber or plastic or whatever the material is.

Has anyone encountered this kind of problem, or something related to the door moulding material? The passenger side on the pure is fine and intact (knock wood!).

Also, it has been suggested to use that 3M weatherstripping adhesive sold ubiquitously in auto parts stores. That may work but I need to know what kind of material the window moulding actually is - it seems harder than simple rubber but is not a hard plastic either.

Please let me know what you all can at your earliest convenience.

Cantstandzya

P.S. - I can post a picture if that will be helpful.

·
Premium Member
11,310 Posts
noticed mine has a crack in the same area. Not notched yet but no doubt it is heading in that direction. I have some hi tech super glue that will probably work. I'll try for pics tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
11,310 Posts
I paid attention to how I exit the car, and realized that I commonly grab the top of the window when I stand up. That puts pressure on the rubber weatherstrip at the top of the window track. I am curious if it can be replaced.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts