Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My hard top cover on my 2010 Passion is cracked and peeling at various places and sooner or later I'll have to address it. I was just wondering, as I didn't find any threads specifically about using a bed liner product, if anyone has used Rhino Liner, Bullet Liner or Linex Liner on the top of their Smart Car instead of replacing the cloth-like material there?

Any thoughts to this? Not sure I would even try it at all, but I was wondering if someone else has done such and what their thoughts were about the results? I am not a fan of the cheapie liner products sold at WalMart or NAPA, as I have had some bad luck with such in the past, as far as durability.

Anyone out there gone this route in repairing their Smart Car hard top when the material is torn?

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
11,309 Posts
I used a vinyl wrap on mine. it looked as though the windshield washer solvent may have attacked the coating and gotten under it (Pure with a solid roof) I used some wrap I purchased from Ebay and it was kind of a pain to apply, I used a primer first and heated it to make sure it stuck. I still ended up using a silicone around the outside edge (in the groove around the roof) to make sure it didn't lift while driving. I used a carbon fiber pattern and it looked great! I left the old covering in place as it didn't seem to want to come off too much. the texture did not show through.

Before

After

1 - 2 of 2 Posts