Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
DO NOT GO TO Specialized Mercedes Service

I just went to the repairshop listed below, and they tried to do a bait and switch.
Last week I called Walter's Mercedes for a quote for the 30K service, they gave me a price of $265.00. Then I looked in the independant service thread and found the shop listed below, called them and they gave me a price of $122.00, so I made an appointment with them. I not only called for the prices from both but I verified by calling each one twice during the week.

Got to Specialized, and they wrote up the quote for $432.00, I said WTF you quoted me $122.00, and told them I could get it done for $265.00 at the dealer. The guy said no way they could do everything for that price. So I went outside, and called walters again and verified that the $265 price was for complete service (which it was).
Went back in a told the guy that the price was for everything, he insisted it was not, told him to call them.
In the mean time I went back outside and called walters to see if they could take my car, and they could, so I got in my car and started to leave, and the guy comes out and says we can do the service for $293.00. So I left went to walters and dropped the car off.

I would suggest not going to them, as they will try to rip you off.

Danny (formally JD99)

Riverside

Specialized Mercedes Service
3421 Arlington Ave.
Riverside, CA 92506

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Isn't it amazing how the price drops when they find out you can get it cheaper somewhere else. They should be giving you their best price from the start, and not just when they are forced to do so. I don't know why they expect you to do business with them after they just tried to rip you off?? (and they still didn't beat the dealer's price)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They advertise not to pay the high prices at the dealers on their web site, then you come in and they can't even meet the dealer prices. I thought about reporting the bait and switch to the auto repair board.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts