Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Aloha - Preparing to move from Hawaii to Anacortes in a few months and will be bringing my 2010 Pure with me. Does anyone have a repair shop or two they could recommend in the Everett, Marysville, Mt. Vernon, and Burlington areas that has experience working on the Smart Car (the further north the better). While I am aware of the Smart Center of Seattle, I'm trying to find something closer to Anacortes. Thanks.

·
Registered
97 Posts
there's a smart/Mercedes only shop in North Bellingham (just off the Guide/Meridian on Horton Rd. Master AUTO TECH). I haven't had to use him/them in 3 years since our wareanty expired, but I have met him. Bob owns a smart car as well as works on Mercedes, Lexus, Toyotas & seems knowledgable.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Can anyone recommend a repair shop on the eastside? Being north east makes getting to the Mercedes-Benz at Airport Way a complete nightmare. I saw one or two shops specializing in German repair, but don't see many saying they work on Smarts.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You might consider one of the two independent shops at the following links. The first, GP Automotive, specifically states on their website that they service Smart cars. While the second one does not, you might want to give them a call to see if they do. I have used neither of them, but instead am using, matter of fact next Friday will me my first visit with them, Master Tech Automotive in Bellingham. Having just moved to Anacortes, WA from Hawaii, this independent repair shop in Bellingham is probably my best choice (the owner drives a Smart), at least from a traffic perspective, and hopefully will be less expensive than the Mercedes dealership in Bellingham. Hope this helps - Mark in Anacortes

G P Automotive, Everett WA
Bmw Audi VW Auto Lexus Repair Everett | Oil Change | Brake Service | Transmission Service | AC | Mechanic | Z Sport Euro

·
Registered
28 Posts
I was actually hoping for something a little closer to Kirkland/Bellevue. Everett would be too far to go on a weekday morning and still get to work downtown Seattle... :-( Nothing on the eastside? I wish they'd let some of the other MB's do service. There's one in Bellevue.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Are non-smart (dumb?) MB dealers prohibited from working on smarts altogether, or simply not authorized to do warranty work? I no longer care about the latter with our '08 and '09 :-D

I'm still trying to figure out a place a reasonable distance from Edmonds. When I lived in Issaquah it wasn't too bad to hop onto I-90 and head to the dealer.

Actually though, if you work in downtown Seattle (I don't, I work in Bothell), I'm pretty sure they'd shuttle you to work after you drop it off.

It's lack of a saturated repair network that will probably cause us to sell one of our two smarts and buy a more 'mainstream' brand once my daughter graduates and moves somewhere where there isn't a smart dealer within 10-20 miles.

PS I just went to GP's website. Nothing turns me off faster than seeing someone refer to this car as a "Smart Car". Where is the "Ford car" dealer?

·
Super Moderator
11,230 Posts
How about a Ford Truck?? or a Honda Motorcycle?? Smart TV? it has become sort of a slang term and probably won't change.

With just about everything in the world being called a 'smart' something, they need to differentiate between that and a car.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts