Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! having a little problem , did a complete swap out today got the engine in okay everything all hooked up grounds, couplers etc. For some reason it wont fire , scanned for code and it pulled up B1030,B1014,B1021,B1020,B1015 did a wipe on the codes but they keep coming up. Starter cranks over the engine but it wont fire , getting fuel in the fuel rail so that isn't the issue. also tryed abit of quick start seem to fire it up but just stall out asoon as I stopped spraying the quick start. Would be greatful for any ideas of what the issue would be thanks.

·
Registered
495 Posts
contact the other Smart club , they deal in the diesels, club smart car.. and evilution...
it sound like something simple, probably electrical.. if it turns over, but will not fire, i would say somehow the ECU isnt talking to the injectors. may be as simple as a missed connector

anyhow check this out and see if any give you some insight.. Evilution - Smart Car Encyclopaedia
hope this helps let me know..
steveg

·
Registered
495 Posts
did some searching, did you by any chance hit anything with your car? the reason I ask is there is a deployment code (airbag?) thats in that sequence.
if it was hit, struck but the bags never deployed, this would shut the engine down. Im not up on resetting.. that you would have to look into..

just a thought..
steveg 450 S. Mann cabrio... 05

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey figured out the issue , ended up being the crank sensor . Fires up nice and smooth now! next problem having transmission issues , thought it was a 5 speed ended up putting gear oil into it which apparently its a 6 speed and calls for a ATF fluid any recommandations? It drives nice down the road then randomly it will get the 3 bars on the cluster every now and then, so thinking onces I do a tranny flush maybe this should get rid of the issue?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts