Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Vendor
3,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lost the headlight bulb clip on your 451 model smart car?

Until now the only solution has been is to either make something by hand and hope it works or purchase an entire new headlight assembly from smart.

After numerous requests from our fellow smart car owners we decided to design and manufacturer a complete replacement set of headlight bulb clips. Purchasing a new headlight is no longer the only way to fix a missing or broken clip. We designed this set of two clips to be a direct replacement for the factory clips that are not available by themselves.

Features:
Made by MADNESS exclusively for the 451 model smart car (2007-2014)
Direct replacement parts
Kit comes with two headlight bulb clips
Lifetime guarantee
Free Shipping to Continental US

Here is the direct product link (below):

smart car Headlight Light Bulb Replacement Clip Set - 451 model Online Store - smart car Parts and Accessories

·
Registered
43 Posts
Thanks for the info, I had to replace a headlight yesterday and both low beams are held in with duct tape.I just bought the car about a month ago so I am finding little things like this I need to fix.

·
Premium Member
11,309 Posts
I am surprised duct tape worked as they do get quite warm. There should be rubber covers over the back of the lights to keep out dirt and moisture.

It is possible to put the bulbs in wrong and they shine on the front bumper. they are hard to see the slot where the tab on the bulb mount goes. If the clip goes on really hard, the tab is probably not lined up. Took me a bit to figure that one out.

·
Vendor
3,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you for posting this. I was looking for these and couldn't find any.
Thanks for the info, I had to replace a headlight yesterday and both low beams are held in with duct tape.I just bought the car about a month ago so I am finding little things like this I need to fix.
Munster,
You are more than welcome! We're glad that we can offer these for smart for two owners! If you have anything else you need please feel free to reach out to us!

I got a set last summer as mine were bent beyond recognition. They work just as good as the original ones. worth every penny
jimvw57,
Thank You for the kind words! We greatly appreciate it as well as the feedback!

·
Vendor
3,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I would like to take a moment to bump this thread.

Reason being is many smart fortwo owners run into broken headlight clips and are not aware that we offer these clips to help you save money and not have to buy a whole new headlight from the dealer.

Here are some additional images for those who may be interested.

As always if you have any questions please feel free to reach out to us! :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts