Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ace Hardware, in my city. Now carries all brand auto key fobs. Including the smart car.
They run from $24-$50. They will program the fob, to your VIN number. Some fobs have to be special order. It looks like they don’t carry anything, for the 453 models.

·
Registered
2008 Passion, now a 2016
323 Posts
Let me tell you... 453's are a different beast altogether.
Ace will never bother with those.

Jim

·
Registered
8,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We went into a new one yesterday. My daughters used Renegrade, came with one key fob. She got another one there.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Ace Hardware, in my city. Now carries all brand auto key fobs. Including the smart car.
They run from $24-$50. They will program the fob, to your VIN number. Some fobs have to be special order. It looks like they don’t carry anything, for the 453 models.

I had to get a new one and cost me 350.00 total. Thats the FOB and programming. Im in Las Vegas. I call around and no one had one or would attempt to get one. All said the programming had to be done by Mercedes.....UGH!

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
I had to get a new one and cost me 350.00 total. Thats the FOB and programming. Im in Las Vegas. I call around and no one had one or would attempt to get one. All said the programming had to be done by Mercedes.....UGH!
We should consider ourselves lucky.
Fletcher Jones Imports still works on smarts and you can still get parts through them.
Only one of ten or twelve places in the whole United States that still has parts and service.

·
Registered
10 Posts
We should consider ourselves lucky.
Fletcher Jones Imports still works on smarts and you can still get parts through them.
Only one of ten or twelve places in the whole United States that still has parts and service.
I didnt know this!!!! Thank you for the information! So that's why they jack the prices up....figures.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts