Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
Now 09 451 Passion Cabriolet Met Blue & Silver First 08 451 Passion Cabriolet Yellow & Black
2,338 Posts
I had to get a new one and cost me 350.00 total. Thats the FOB and programming. Im in Las Vegas. I call around and no one had one or would attempt to get one. All said the programming had to be done by Mercedes.....UGH!
We should consider ourselves lucky.
Fletcher Jones Imports still works on smarts and you can still get parts through them.
Only one of ten or twelve places in the whole United States that still has parts and service.

· Registered
Now 09 451 Passion Cabriolet Met Blue & Silver First 08 451 Passion Cabriolet Yellow & Black
2,338 Posts
I've called around to my local (N. Illinois area) ACE hardware stores, the standard price for the FOB + cutting + programming seems to be $212.99, which while cheaper that the dealership, it's still pretty dang expensive. Not all ACE have the capability.
No ACE here in Las Vegas will program the key fob.

· Registered
2,338 Posts
Most locksmiths that I have found in this area will not guarantee the fob to work if you don't purchase it from them. Because the smart 453 wasn't sold in great quantities, a lot of independent locksmiths do not have the ability to program even if they can cut the key.
Good luck keep us updated.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.