Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am building a JuiceBox EVSE to carry along, which will require pulling the inserts in the storage area in the tailgate where the portable EVSE is today. The current foam inserts seem to be glued in. Has anyone removed them intact to later put them back if interested?

·
Registered
515 Posts
my 2008 smart is empty back there...only way you get inserts is to buy the optional safety kit for it....so take them out....pry it....show pictures when done with your set up

·
Registered
5 Posts
The current foam inserts seem to be glued in. Has anyone removed them intact to later put them back if interested?
Hi,
I took the foam inserts out because I wanted to put in the foam inserts of the safety plus package. I never need the charger on the road, so having all the small stuff in the tailgate tidies up my cargo compartment ;)

yes, the inserts were glued in, but only slightly. I took a flat piece of metal and pried them out. You need to work from different angles, always pulling with one hand and working the lever with the other. If some part seems too hard, just go to the other side and work it from there.

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
I have heard both good and bad things about the JuiceBox EVSE?

I would use with caution until it is proven totatly reliable?

(Especially if it was a DIY kit form?)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts