Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I inquired about the roof when I was in for service today, They looked at it (it is getting really bad) and said to schedule it, they need it almost 2 days. I ask about a loaner car, and they said sorry, we can get u a discount on a rental. If I take it it Wednesday morning I have to leave home before 8, to be there by 10, sit there all day, they close at 6, then wait outside till about 8:30 until my wife gets off work and can get up to Indy. Then go back Thursday night (about 8:30 by the time we could get there) and pick it up. One would think that being owned by the Mercedes dealer next door that they would have some kind of loaner or used car they could offer. And when you wait there the TV only gets a few channels, and very poor at that, I guess they haven't heard of cable up there.

·
Registered
8,991 Posts
...hey wildman..you need a ride back home?...I can get you there before the wife gets off work...

jetfuel...the meter will not run ...

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
...hey wildman..you need a ride back home?...I can get you there before the wife gets off work...

jetfuel...the meter will not run ...
Thanks for the offer Jet, but the wife wants to take it up Tuesday night and drop it off, since it is warranty work I won't have to be there to sign it in, and Joe said there was no problem picking it up after closing Thursday, they would leave it outside for me.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
...your loss...I thought we hit the "nuddy" bars before going home...:D

jetfuel...where's that roll of one dollar bills at?

...see you soon...
Nuddy bars? Nudie bars? I know, nutty bars! Aint that them places where the girls dance with crazy people throwing peanuts at them?:confused::D

·
Registered
8,991 Posts
..yeah...kind of like that..but the one I go to the girls throw back vitamin pills...Geritol...Ben Gay and tubes of preparation H...

jetfuel...going there for the music....

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
..yeah...kind of like that..but the one I go to the girls throw back vitamin pills...Geritol...Ben Gay and tubes of preparation H...

jetfuel...going there for the music....
What kind? Accordions and polkas?The Charleston? Waltz ? Just imagine, strippers waltzing, that would be a sight you don't see every day!:D

·
Registered
8,991 Posts
...have to be slow music...or the wheels on the walkers get all tangle up...or somebody may run over the other girl's t!t'$...

jetfuel...meeeeeeedic...

·
Banned
936 Posts
just goes to show you. you get 'jet' involved in a thread, and it goes south REAL QUICK! :eek:

btw.....it IS a "nutty" bar if 'jet' is there. you must have a "white jacket" and tie to enter.......:p

·
Super Moderator
28,462 Posts
Welcome to SCoA! The see through tops are actually polycarbonate and I seem to remember the cost will be over a thousand dollars. You'd have to ask a smart dealer for an exact figure. :)

·
King of Smart Gadgetry
1,050 Posts
It is possible to change out the roof yourself with common tools. But it will take a full weekend of work. Roofs can be purhased used in the $300 range and the special sealer can be purchased too. I did it, but it's not for the faint of heart. DCO

·
Super Moderator
11,297 Posts
Might try asking a glass company for a price, it is attached similar to the new windshields so they may be able to do it (??)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts