Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I own a 450 Smart car, and my air condition stop working, when I turn on the air condition / heating, the fan not working (suddenly it stop), I bought a new heater blower from eBay, and now when I'm trying to pull out the current one, I bumped into obstacle of reaching one of the screws (one from three), and another thing is that I don't think that it will be so easy to pull it out because there's a part (which I don't know what is this part) that block the way to pull it out.

I attached a video that I've took, so maybe it will be more clear.

goo.gl/photos/rBtbvB1aNfNr2SHA7

As you can see on 00:27 there's screw that I cant reach to because small space between the part and the screw, and the part that blocks me.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
249 Posts
Hi,

I own a 450 Smart car, and my air condition stop working, when I turn on the air condition / heating, the fan not working (suddenly it stop), I bought a new heater blower from eBay, and now when I'm trying to pull out the current one, I bumped into obstacle of reaching one of the screws (one from three), and another thing is that I don't think that it will be so easy to pull it out because there's a part (which I don't know what is this part) that block the way to pull it out.

I attached a video that I've took, so maybe it will be more clear.

goo.gl/photos/rBtbvB1aNfNr2SHA7

As you can see on 00:27 there's screw that I cant reach to because small space between the part and the screw, and the part that blocks me.

Any suggestions?
Dont despair, if you can see it, you can get at it. With the proper tools. If it is the only one I see in the video, I suggest a long reach box end wrench, or a long 1/4" extension with a socket to fit the screw head.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually the real blocker is the part the blocking me to get it out and not the screw.. do you have any idea what is this part or if I can remove it easily?

Thanks!

·
Registered
249 Posts
Actually the real blocker is the part the blocking me to get it out and not the screw.. do you have any idea what is this part or if I can remove it easily?

Thanks!
I am sorry, I do not know what it is, but I would think with all the knowledge here you would have an answer. Perhaps someone will chime in.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts