Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
jimvw57 has reported a post.

Reason:
Just keeping track of this post. multiple TOS violations here.
Forum: smart General Discussion
Assigned Moderators: N/A

Posted by: WhiteNBlack08
Original Content:
there goes the neighborhood! i've had my smart over 9 years now, my plan was/is to drive the wheels off it. i got a new job and a woman was asking me about my smart, her daughter was interested in one. i guess i'll have to tell her the bad news. i can see the traffic to this website decline in the near future. :crying:
My plans are the same. I'll let my boys drive it until it won't go anymore, then I'll officially be done with smart. 10 years ago, I was one of their biggest fanboys. But years of neglect from the mothership, and and a corrupt and dishonest local dealer, have tainted me from ever buying another one. I just don't have that "feeling" anymore. In fact, after enjoying my current ride for the last two years, I almost dread getting into the smart with my son... I guess I've just outgrown it... Such a shame. I've met so many good people, and had so many good times in that car...

As far as site traffic, it's a lot more than just lack of sales driving that. I for one have tired of seeing all of the ED rhetoric, and slams against ICE owners. Plus the heavy handed moderating on "touchy" subjects. I belong to several automotive forums, others owned by Autoguide as well, and none of them drop the hammer as fast as this forum does... That combined with a new group of members asking completely assinine questions(I think we all know the most recent offender..) have turned me off to this site. My visits are rare, and my posts, even more rare... I've cancelled my subscription, and will soon probably stop visiting completely...

I guess it is what it is... Maybe it's just me and a change in priorities. Either way, my days being a "smartie" are numbered...:(

·
Administrator
29,526 Posts
Yes, and folks complain about heavy handed moderation... I'm for putting it in the tank. Or we can lock it and clean out the bad posts.

·
Premium Member
11,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
if we lock it, they'll start another. If we clean it, the ones that got cleaned will whine about freedom of speech... It is a no win situation... sounds like Elio all over again.

Funny thing is when I tanked the post from Trobinson06, WhitenBlack said it was the right thing to do and complemented the moderators.. right after he posted this.
This is about the 3rd or 4th time he has said he is leaving this site... My guess is he sill be here longer than us..

maybe lock it and clean it??

·
Administrator
29,526 Posts
Sounds good to me. If another one starts we can pull any offending posts as they happen.

·
Administrator
29,526 Posts
Sent the PM to NCC before I saw the thread had more posts missing for additional reasons.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts