Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Super Moderator
18,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Miss Mercedes has reported a post.

Reason:
So he's the reason smart's pulling out of the US? Doubt it. Got receipts for that?

Senseless rant aside, he also doxxed whoever that April person is, so I'm pretty sure that's another infraction.
Forum: smartcarofamerica.com SITE issue Forum (not for car problems)
Assigned Moderators: N/A

Posted by: halfcack
Original Content:
I have pretty well documented my two new car relationship with MB, Daimler, now Geely, Li Shuta in the last months.

I finally made it to the top of as far as I was going to get. RESOLUTION SPECIAL.

I won’t go over it all, it is in all the posts over a year and two months.

A person in her position known to me as April should have treated me better.

I had coffee with my friend a couple weeks ago. He took a final look at my car and said give me April’s number, 1-866-321-8351 and that was it.

I glanced over and he was on his phone. He gave her three days to get back to him. She did not. I even called and warned them that do what he tells you to do.

If you treat this man with any disrespect, you will not have a job or pension in two weeks. They did not heed my warning and didn’t even call him.

He knew a few members of the board and you can believe me or not, over this past weekend, the decision was made to leave the US a year earlier than planned.

Sorry, Nancy F. and April, I told you what was going to happen. I made a case of how rotten you treated me as an 850 FICO customer.

If you are still at your desk, the cardboard box was there on Monday morning. I put up with two bad MB dealers, MB Financial and I did give you fair warning. I am not happy about it.

Even if no one believes that, my posts put together the situation as if I wrote the article. They are leaving the US, period.

US to the state of Georgia to Germany to China just as I wrote it. Sad.

· Super Moderator
18,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would vote that as well. Instead of taking our advice he's just doubling down. Not only was that not in the right forum, but the whole post is a blatant violation, so I tanked it after the report. There does appear to be grains of truth to his rants. That phone number he posted does trace back to MBFS and there's always a chance that the names he dropped are of real people who work in the office that number goes to. So that's automatically a massive no no.

Ranting about mistreatment from dealers/smart USA is one thing, but this is doxxing, accusations of criminal activity, and various threats.

· Super Moderator
18,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
And done. I mean really, he couldn't even bother to redact the names in his email? SCoA's not WikiLeaks.

Also, the person he supposedly fired works for MBUSA, she isn't headed to China anytime soon. :shrug: Kamaal seemed to imply this was going to happen, so I highly doubt a single disgruntled customer caused the whole operation to belly up a year early.

· Super Moderator
2,160 Posts
So was he actually banned? Does a banned member have any way to appeal his banning or can't he even log in anymore? No problem at all with banning him. Just curious what a banned member can do after being banned if in fact there were extenuating circumstances? Do we keep an eye out for his IP address using a new user name?

Len

· Super Moderator
18,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Good question. The type of ban that was issued isn't temporary. Honestly, I was on the side of a two week ban up until he started naming names. I mean, I suppose we could give him another chance, but will he listen or will he continue to gloat about supposedly killing smart USA?

· Administrator
30,158 Posts
Just my .02 but in most cases the ban is well deserved, and this is one IMHO. He had enough chances to get his act together but couldn't be bothered. He may try to come back under a different name....

· Super Moderator
2,160 Posts
Oh. I'm perfectly okay with this being a forever ban. This is the first time since I've been a moderator that I recall there being a ban and I just wondered what options there were if any for the "banee."

Len

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.