Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 4 of 5 Posts

· Smart A**
1,166 Posts
Smart1:

Great work!! The code indeed appears to be pacific time in reverse. I was able to confirm this with some of the reservation number data I had collected on a spreadsheet to analyze. I had 5 datasets that were sufficiently complete to confirm your theory.

Now we have nothing to needlessly occupy ourselves with until the cars arrive.

· Smart A**
1,166 Posts
Sorry if this is some were on here and I didn’t see it. If the first 6 number are the time what about the last four, with so many people registering I wonder if they are assign 100 reservations to each confirmation number.
to the Hundredth power like I just put my 99 in this month and my last four is 1370 so times 100 would be 137,000 or 37,000 reservations in front of me or am I way off the mark? Seem like the only way to fit 30,000 plus reservations into 4 digits well really the last three anyway.
Glen
The last four digits are the date of the reservation. It is the number of days counting forward from 1/1/04. You received a confirmation of your reservation on October 2nd.

· Smart A**
1,166 Posts
Years ago it was an arbitrary date the LIM group (Lotus, IBM(or was it Intel?), and Microsoft) agreed to as a start date for the date/code numbering database behind most spreadsheets...

The start date I remember was a LONG time before 1/1/04 though

Maybe MIcrosoft just moved it forward in time to make the numbers relating to a specific date much smaller
If I remember correctly it was 1/1/1900

· Smart A**
1,166 Posts
Ive been reading this thread for a while and while figuring out what the reservation codes stand for is good an all it seems like it has no good implications. To make it worthwhile you would have to find the reservation number contained in the last email sent out for the day/week or however they are splitting up the batches then you can evaluate where you stand in line. I guess ideally if you could track it for a month you could get pretty accurate data. And you have to account for people that reserved and decided not to follow up anymore than that.
I think you assessed it fairly accurately.

1 - 4 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.