Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1,872 Posts
Years ago it was an arbitrary date the LIM group (Lotus, IBM(or was it Intel?), and Microsoft) agreed to as a start date for the date/code numbering database behind most spreadsheets...

The start date I remember was a LONG time before 1/1/04 though

Maybe MIcrosoft just moved it forward in time to make the numbers relating to a specific date much smaller

· Registered
1,872 Posts
I won't own a Mazda today or ever because of the experience trying to get a first year Miata for my wife who was in love with the little car....

I had two "hustled" or "auctioned" out from under me by dealers who took my order and deposit...(I accepted the over MSRP markup).

I assume some other customer out bid me (under the table or in a coat room) the dealer did not bother to tell me that I could have my deposit back the deal was off until some 12 weeks later.........

I went out of town a long way and re ordered, this time telling the new sales staff if they pulled that crap there would be trouble. It took them 4 weeks to send me a letter that they could not honor my order and cut me a check for the deposit....I assume I was again the victim of some new customer offering more $$$ then I had agreed to pay.

No, I never got a lawyer would have been a waste of time and money ...Mazda lost a customer for life PERIOD Yes, I did let corporate HQs know that they are off my radar forever

PAG, IB, or the local approved dealers better NOT play any games...

I can tolerate the expected tack on BS like dealer prep, lot tax, advolerum fees, documents fees and these nickle and dime games....

But if they try to option in crap I don't want or need like zeebart(sp?) clear-coat protected, upholstery guard etc etc...then we will have a problem....

Lord help PAG if there is any MSRP games!...

I can tolerate some "adjustment" if there is a significant import law change or Euro to Dollar shift that causes the MSRP to change a few bucks.... but any $2000~$3000 "Market Adjustment due to demand" crap is going to cause PAG a LOT of bad press!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.