Smart Car of America Forum banner
41 - 51 of 51 Posts

· Registered
86 Posts
I hope the whole "reservation/confirmation/order" process is about getting you a car that you are actually ordering, and not just B.S.

It should be as simple as, "you figure out what you want and a total and put down a deposit, and they build what you ordered. It comes in and you pick it up.

If they get cute, they will be making a big mistake. That's why I never bought the mini.....everyone was wanting 2000 more the retail. It's the same reason I would never by a Harley, and the same reason I don't buy used. I don't want to play stupid negotiation games.

· Registered
179 Posts
My family , back in 2004, was very pleased with our Mini experence. We received just what we ordered. We had several emails about the progress of our order. The dealer in Baton Rouge (Brian Harris) called to keep us informed. The best part was being able to watch the factory in England online! We did not pay over sticker. Looking out the window at my son's S right now, I can only hope the smart car will be as much fun. The dealer network is important to success. :)

· Registered
1,872 Posts
I won't own a Mazda today or ever because of the experience trying to get a first year Miata for my wife who was in love with the little car....

I had two "hustled" or "auctioned" out from under me by dealers who took my order and deposit...(I accepted the over MSRP markup).

I assume some other customer out bid me (under the table or in a coat room) the dealer did not bother to tell me that I could have my deposit back the deal was off until some 12 weeks later.........

I went out of town a long way and re ordered, this time telling the new sales staff if they pulled that crap there would be trouble. It took them 4 weeks to send me a letter that they could not honor my order and cut me a check for the deposit....I assume I was again the victim of some new customer offering more $$$ then I had agreed to pay.

No, I never got a lawyer would have been a waste of time and money ...Mazda lost a customer for life PERIOD Yes, I did let corporate HQs know that they are off my radar forever

PAG, IB, or the local approved dealers better NOT play any games...

I can tolerate the expected tack on BS like dealer prep, lot tax, advolerum fees, documents fees and these nickle and dime games....

But if they try to option in crap I don't want or need like zeebart(sp?) clear-coat protected, upholstery guard etc etc...then we will have a problem....

Lord help PAG if there is any MSRP games!...

I can tolerate some "adjustment" if there is a significant import law change or Euro to Dollar shift that causes the MSRP to change a few bucks.... but any $2000~$3000 "Market Adjustment due to demand" crap is going to cause PAG a LOT of bad press!

· Registered
280 Posts
I'm with ya brother! Here in LV we have to deal with the notorious Desert Protection Package. Some sort of mystical clear undercoating to protect from snakes and scorpions or something. It generally adds a grand or more. :eek:

tm

· Registered
805 Posts
Shack01, you crack me up! I suppose with everything going on here in San Diego I will have to get the mandatory Firestorm Protection Package--it will consist of a large water tank and hose affixed to the top of my Smart :)

I'm with ya brother! Here in LV we have to deal with the notorious Desert Protection Package. Some sort of mystical clear undercoating to protect from snakes and scorpions or something. It generally adds a grand or more. :eek:

tm

41 - 51 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.