Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! I just joined. Looking forward to knowing you all. Has anyone else experienced the degree of delay I am experiencing in being contacted by the folks at smartusa.com to go through the process of having my reservation confirmed? I made my $99 reservation in June, 2007 and they tell me that it still won't be my turn for weeks or possibly months. Meanwhile Smarts are already on the road around town and they are for sale on eBay!

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
Look for your confirmation in the next couple of months, and your smart about 3-4 months after that. Call 800-SMART-USA to make sure they have your right contact information.

·
Banned
661 Posts
Hi! I just joined. Looking forward to knowing you all. Has anyone else experienced the degree of delay I am experiencing in being contacted by the folks at smartusa.com to go through the process of having my reservation confirmed? I made my $99 reservation in June, 2007 and they tell me that it still won't be my turn for weeks or possibly months. Meanwhile Smarts are already on the road around town and they are for sale on eBay!
something doesn't sound right. are you positive you reserved in June? if so, they should have sent you a rez #? what are the last for digits of that number?

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
I reserved June 30 (1376) and have not received the configuration e-mail yet as well.
I think you mean 1276, not 1376.

I am a 1262 (June 16) and still haven't received the confirm and configure e-mail either. And we are not alone.

In addition to when you reserved, your location is also a factor in when you will be invited to confirm/configure. And there is the complete fluke factor (someone who reserved on Jan 22 (this year) got his confirm/configure invite on Feb 1).

People who have confirm/configured in the last few weeks have received an e-mail in response indicating that they MAY get their car in the second half of 2008.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Chandler, AZ has one of the largest smart reservation lists in the country. So that would cause you not to be notified yet.

·
Premium Member
523 Posts
I'm 1262 and have not confirmed. My brother-in-law is 1244 and he reserved last weekend. we are in the same zip code. It is dependent on number of reservations per dealer assigned area and the monthly allotment to that dealer.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks to everyone who has responded. I no longer feel like I might have messed up. I've been going crazy checking my SPAM email folder. There just must have been a lot of people who found out about making these reservations long before I did. I am number 1275, one ahead of CruisingAZ, but I'm in Newport Beach, CA. I checked the actual date and I signed up on June 29th. I'll report when my confirmation email does come in.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts