Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Ex Admin/mod.
9,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those interested in ordering a smart through the $99 program, tomorrow's reservation number will be 2000! :yelclap:

·
Registered
477 Posts
:toot:
For those interested in ordering a smart through the $99 program, tomorrow's reservation number will be 2000! :yelclap:
Not much discussion of the reservation numbers anymore it seems.

But here is a 1570 still waiting!!:eek:

Our dealer has said "any day now" so much that it seems a joke on us:idiot:

·
Registered
11,472 Posts
:toot:

Not much discussion of the reservation numbers anymore it seems.

But here is a 1570 still waiting!!:eek:

Our dealer has said "any day now" so much that it seems a joke on us:idiot:
Since SCI has a "boatload" of smarts, why not just take one off the lot :confused:

·
Registered
477 Posts
Just stubbornness I guess.:p

Also just don't want to take a second choice at possibly higher price when I know that our car has been sitting at the vehicle prep center for almost a month now.:rolleyes:

"Any day now":D

·
Registered
22 Posts
Just stubbornness I guess.:p

Also just don't want to take a second choice at possibly higher price when I know that our car has been sitting at the vehicle prep center for almost a month now.:rolleyes:

"Any day now":D
I guess I am stubborn too, ours is #1655 and last fall we considered an orphan but the dealer made me angry so we turned it down. We did configure in February and now have an eta of 8/1/2009 to 10/30/2009. Every now and then we get a call about an orphan, but like you, after waiting over a year, I can't see buying something with more options than we wanted. Likewise I am also now concerned because the model year - this close it seems foolish to pay the same price for a 2009 as a 2010 - yeah they may be similar but the 2010 will be of higher value.

Another thing I watch is the Toyota model that is similar to the Smart and is supposed to be coming out soon.

I confess we have yet another minor reason to wait. My wife has been saving money every payday for the past couple years towards her new car, she will have enough to pay for it cash if we stick to the model we ordered, and they don't throw a lot of extra dealer charges on top of the costs they quoted when we configured.

on edit: I thought it best to delete my posts, as it is beginning to look like we may not be getting a Smart, but I was unable to delete it.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Good for you pajoe!!! :)

We happily got our car very quickly after my last post and are very pleased with it. It runs great and is fun to drive. And as you hope to do, PAID IN FULL!!:D

Next time....BRABUS:woohoo

1 - 6 of 6 Posts