Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me on what date the reservation program started? Do the earlier reservers get first choice? When can we expect to hear from a dealer? I placed my reservation on March 17th! Thanks!

Dan

·
Admin emeritus
3,974 Posts
Can anyone tell me on what date the reservation program started? Do the earlier reservers get first choice? When can we expect to hear from a dealer? I placed my reservation on March 17th! Thanks!

Dan
The reservation program by smart USA officially launched sometime in March but the reservation site was open as early as February 5, 2007 as reported by Autoblog.com. With this, I would say that you are safe to imagine that you are in the top 5,000 reservations as the reservation system was not widely known about till nearly April.

As for first choice, yes and no. Reservation holders will be first to recieve samrt vehicles but the first distribution will be to leading DMA (designated market area) most likely being Michigan, LA, New York, and Houston.

Dealers...
Your first contact will be via smart usa customer service which appears to be bulking up for such positions as I noticed at internetbrands.com http://tbe.taleo.net/NA5/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=CARSDIRECT&cws=2&rid=178 where they are hiring Smart USA Customer Service reps.

These customer service reps will be calling you to confirm your order and at that time will be sending your order to your local smart dealer which will process your actual order for the vehicle.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts