Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i talked with a few of the guys running the road show today and they mentioned how when you get a Smart is based on your date of reservation and how many other people reserved a Smart in your area

any one know if there is any truth to this?

·
Registered
564 Posts
I heard the same information from the street smart crew and my dealer-to-be.

It has been stated elsewhere on this forum that once the dealerships are formally signed up (should happen in November), the confirmation process will be handed over to them. If that turns out to be true, one might expect each dealership to work the list of reservation holders in their territory, based on their allocation of cars.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Does this mean that the more reservations in your area the more likely you will get yours sooner, or the other way around? Just curious.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
IMHO, I don't think we have enuff info but I think the salesmen will have to call the local buyers in order of reservation date. Therefore the LESS people in your area the more likely to get your car sooner.

·
smart happens here!
1,830 Posts
Does this mean that the more reservations in your area the more likely you will get yours sooner, or the other way around? Just curious.

Could work either way. I can't see PAG allocating each dealer the same monthly number, so areas with more reservations should get more cars, and dealers with less reservations will get less per month. However, considering that the first two months of production with take care only of the first week or so of reservations, indeed it might be possible that someone with a 3/20 reservation in a "high volume" area may have to wait a month longer then someone in a smaller market who reserved on 3/25.....so they may be a slight benefit of having a dealer with fewer reservations - at least in the early going. My guess is once they get over the initial March glut, that maybe the remaining reservations will be regionally uniformly distributed, and the reservation date will be the dominant criteria in when you get yours.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Well, we'll see. I know one thing...... I am the only guy my dealer/salesman has on record at the moment. *Wishful thinking on my part. lol* :)

·
Registered
671 Posts
Same here. I know of one other forum member in Arkansas that has reserved one, but other than that, I don't know how many more, if any, in Arkansas that has reserved one. Guess we'll see. Time is counting down......

·
Registered
5 Posts
eqwalker, I am from Arkansas but only registered 8-13-07 (1320) so I expect I am out of luck for a car in 07. congrats on your being a 3-19 registrant. Will you have to go to Tulsa for a dealer?

·
Registered
671 Posts
Troutman, Congrats on your reservation! Glad to hear of another in Arkansas that has reserved one. Your location shows to be north central. About where? I am originally from Batesville, but now live in Cabot.
I hope that I don't have to go to Tulsa but may have to. I do have relatives that live there so it won't be a "car only" trip. I have heard from another Arkansas member that Landers in Benton has applied for a dealership since they are owned by PAG. But we will have to see. What model, color did you reserve?

·
Registered
931 Posts
Your reservation will be assigned to a specific dealer, so the only choice you will have will be where it is serviced.

·
Registered
5 Posts
eqwalker, I live across the river from Cotter, in Marion County. I ordered a Red Passion Cabrio, but I am so late in the registration process, not too hopeful of geting one any time soon. Seems like I saw a list of dealers on this board and the closest was Jackie Cooper in Tulsa, a Mercedes dealer. Even though Landers is a Penske dealership, Mercedes dealers are going to get their share of the assignments, so I bet Little Rock is passed over. Hope not.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Reservations by dealer makes the most sense.
Makes sense. Initially each dealer will need a few cars for show and go. I would guess that at the point dealers open they will take over the ordering/reservations at which time it might get muddy as each dealer will have their own priorities as independent business people. I think the muddiness, if it happens, most likely will not have a significant effect on the reservations taken by smart USA.

·
Registered
51 Posts
eqwalker, I live in good old Cabot too:cool:, sence you get your car first I will have to watch you drive around town you will be easy to spot because I will know what color you put to your car.:D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts