Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone!

It's great to be here. I've had my smart for just a week now.

I can't get the reserve fuel indicator to be displayed. I've already
found the bug with the clock. Is this another of those well known
bugs? Anybody have any ideas? You're supposed to push the left
button repeatedly until it pops up, right? All that happens when I
do that is the little wrench comes up with the number 9800, then it
goes back to the trip mileage.

I hope this isn't one of those subjects that's already been discussed
to death, if it is I'm sorry.

·
Registered
9,078 Posts
welcome to the asylum..
..when the quantity of fuel reaches the last block and you're under a gallon the trip counter will change from miles to .9, .8,.7.and so on and so forth until you run out and the fuel pump indiactor will flash...all auto

jetfuel...with a full tank

·
Registered
441 Posts
Right button is for the clock..
if you double click (press twice fast) the left button.. you bring up the maint. indicator...
it is saying you ave 9800 miles until your next oil change...

you will not see the reserve fuel indicator until you get down to having one gallon left in the tank... then it will display automatically..

congratulations on your new smart.

Hi Everyone!

It's great to be here. I've had my smart for just a week now.

I can't get the reserve fuel indicator to be displayed. I've already
found the bug with the clock. Is this another of those well known
bugs? Anybody have any ideas? You're supposed to push the left
button repeatedly until it pops up, right? All that happens when I
do that is the little wrench comes up with the number 9800, then it
goes back to the trip mileage.

I hope this isn't one of those subjects that's already been discussed
to death, if it is I'm sorry.

·
Registered
11,891 Posts
Im not sure if this is what you meen but

When you get down to the last bar on the fuel guage after a while where the tripodomiter is it will be replaced with an indication of how much of a gallon you have left in the tank. .9, .8, .7 At this pont when you fill the tank your trip[ milage will reapear.

If durring this low level time you want to know what your trip milage is just hit the left button and it will switch back for a while.

When you see that larger # (for now) that is the distance to your next service.
Since you aparently have only driven 200 miles, you havent let your tank get low enough to see the reserve indicator, Now get in your car and take a trip to the cape or up to Bar Harbor and enjoy your car.

And thats all Im going to say about the so called Reserve

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OH! Ok, that makes sense now. I thought it
would always be able to be displayed.

Thanks everyone!

:D

·
Registered
35 Posts
researve fuel didnt work.

When i had 200 miles on my car,first tank ever, the the gas pupm light started blinking, but the trip meter didnt change to show how much gas was remaining in the tank. When I filled up, I put in 8.1 gal. If this happens on my next tank, should i be concerned?

David B

·
Registered
11,891 Posts
When i had 200 miles on my car,first tank ever, the gas pupm light started blinking, but the trip meter didnt change to show how much gas was remaining in the tank. When I filled up, I put in 8.1 gal. If this happens on my next tank, should i be concerned?

David B
:confused::confused:
Is this an 09 thing folks.

When the 8 Bar Guage get into the last bar and the car has less than 1 gallon in the tank it should start counting down.

I don't know about a gas pumping light

·
Registered
35 Posts
Yes mine is an 09. On my car on the left side of the 8 bar gas tank indicator there is an emblem that looks like a gas pump. When I got down to only one bar left on the gauge, the gas pump emblem started blinking.

Sorry for my spelling.

David B

·
Red Roller Skate
3,895 Posts
Yes mine is an 09. On my car on the left side of the 8 bar gas tank indicator there is an emblem that looks like a gas pump. When I got down to only one bar left on the gauge, the gas pump emblem started blinking.

Sorry for my spelling.

David B
It sounds like you hadn't hit below one gallon before fillup. I think you get to the gas symbol and one bar as warning then when you get low enough under 1 gallon it starts counting down .9, .8, .7 etc. I believe that is how mine looked yesterday when I was down to .2 at fillup.

·
Registered
698 Posts
:eek::eek:

Oh no! I really thought this thread was going to end early at post #5 when the first question was answered.

Here we go again. :D It's OK. Always fun.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts