Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After reserving a fortwo back in April I've been patiently patiently absorbing information in anticipation of a 2008 delivery.

Looking forward to commuting from Oakland to San Francisco in a new smart.

Scott

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just configured my car 8/14/08 after reserving since 9/17/07. A naive question: where is the confirmation number found? I printed out my customization order and received an email from the President of Smart USA congratulating me on my confirmation and indicated a dealer would contact me. When should I get a call from the dealer?--I live in cincinnati. DA

·
Ex Admin/mod.
9,491 Posts
Just configured my car 8/14/08 after reserving since 9/17/07. A naive question: where is the confirmation number found? I printed out my customization order and received an email from the President of Smart USA congratulating me on my confirmation and indicated a dealer would contact me. When should I get a call from the dealer?--I live in cincinnati. DA
It's suppose to be at the top of the e-mail coming from [email protected]
Check the post http://www.smartcarofamerica.com/forums/f15/sure-clear-those-senders-your-e-mail-inbox-filters-7884/ to make sure you're going to get whatever comes next.
Your reservation number is a coded time stamp of your deposit, whose last four digits are often referred as "reservation number" in this Forum.

·
Registered
4 Posts
confirmation number, etc.

I found the reservation #-1353 but the confirmation # was not showing on the email from noreply. Should I call the 1-800 #? Thanks for responding so quickly; this is my first time on a forum, DA

·
Registered
4 Posts
confirmation number, etc.

I called the 1-800# and found out that the reservation # and confirmation # are one in the same. As DDE for my car, the web site is on the blink and will not be fixed until Monday. Again thanks for your help, DA

·
Ex Admin/mod.
9,491 Posts
I called the 1-800# and found out that the reservation # and confirmation # are one in the same. As DDE for my car, the web site is on the blink and will not be fixed until Monday. Again thanks for your help, DA
Sorry, acostad! It didn't occur to me that you actually made a difference between reservation and [reservation's] confirmation... since there is only one number. :eek:
Now, there is a difference between that number and the configuration, for which there is no new number.

Afraid that configuration (you can practice with the smartusa site's "configurator" when it gets back up and running, it's basically the same, may differ a bit for 2009's) is still quite long way off. When you're invited to do so, you'll have a short fortnight. As soon as you OK "your" configuration, it'll get confirmed (know around also as C&C or CC).
Hope that helps.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.