Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry guys, this issue has been addressed a LOT, but I'm getting frustrated with my reset attempts. I have always been able to reset it when it indicates the number of miles left. However, now I am at a point where it is showing number of days past service. The usual reset procedure isn't working. Rather than having to push the button twice to bring up the maintenance needed screen, it comes on automatically when I start the car. No matter what things I've tried and what timing I've used, it just isn't resetting for me. Is the procedure for resetting it slightly different when it shows days instead of miles?

Thanks.

Len
2014 EV Coupe 19,500 miles
2014 EV Cabriolet 16,000 miles

·
Super Moderator
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
But will it work on the electrics? So many scanners won't give you any data.

Len
2014 EV Coupe 19,500 miles
2014 EV Cabriolet 16,000 miles

·
10Year+ Supporting Member
3,316 Posts
I have a gasser 451, so this may not apply. Since I put so few miles on each year, my indicator always shows days over, not miles. I used the same re-setting technique as you and have never had a problem like you are talking about.

·
Super Moderator
11,264 Posts
If you try and fail after about 3 times, it ignores you. If I fail 3 times I let it sit overnight and try in the morning. it usually helps.

·
Super Moderator
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's been ignoring me for a couple of weeks now. Never had this much of an issue before when "miles left to service" was indicated. First time I'm having to deal with "days past service." It should all be the same I'm told, but it sure is driving me nuts.

Len

·
Registered
93 Posts
Funny thing. I've always had issues with this too. Yesterday I was trying to reset mine, and each time I waited to see the wrenches (as in the video) upon switching the ignition on. Nope, nope, and nope. Finally I just switched it on and did everything in like two seconds, without waiting. Bang! Done.

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
It's been ignoring me for a couple of weeks now. Never had this much of an issue before when "miles left to service" was indicated. First time I'm having to deal with "days past service." It should all be the same I'm told, but it sure is driving me nuts.

Len
I encounter the same problem and HAVE A FIX!!
I followed the instructions for this 2016 and worked for my 2018 I own as well.
The procedure works but you have to be a little patient, I had tried only twice
Youtube link=

·
Super Moderator
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The 2016 ICE is a 453, so it would be the same procedure for your 2018. My 2014's are 451's, so the procedure is slightly different, starting with the location of the button, i.e. not on the steering wheel.

Len

·
I'll figger this car out
264 Posts
If you try and fail after about 3 times, it ignores you. If I fail 3 times I let it sit overnight and try in the morning. it usually helps.
Did you also have to disconnect and reconnect the battery, in addition to waiting overnight?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts