Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I’ve had my 2008 Smart Fortwo Passion Cabriolet for a month now, and was trying to find some sort of little retractable privacy screen to stick in the back so I won’t get paranoid about leaving things in there while parked on NYC streets.

Any veterans have favorites they might suggest to a newbie?

I was trying to search old threads but most of the links to places I found in them no longer lead to anywhere.

Thanks! :)

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Post #16 pictures of my cargo cover bought off ebay. There are 2 models one for the convertible and one for the coupe. Mine does not have the netting extending to the roof. Instead mine has 2 netted pockets behind each seat.
Try cargo cover on Amazon and Ebay
Best of luck with your search.
Link vvvvvvvvvvvvvvv below

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, guys! I guess if I find somewhere online that has free returns in case it doesn’t fit right/well, I should be covered. (Har har)

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Post #16 pictures of my cargo cover bought off ebay. There are 2 models one for the convertible and one for the coupe. Mine does not have the netting extending to the roof. Instead mine has 2 netted pockets behind each seat.
Try cargo cover on Amazon and Ebay
Best of luck with your search.
Link vvvvvvvvvvvvvvv below
That is the type I have 3 years and its perfect no issues yet. If I am going to have items above the window line while parked overnight, I have a black beach towel.
But that is so rare. Although I personally will not tint my Smart's windows, Limo black tint on the rear hatch window would also do the trick.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I just ordered one for my smartie a couple days ago, $46 bucks. :giggle:
Where’d you find one for $46? (I tried to submit a “best offer” to one of the eBay listings but the person doesn’t understand what that feature is for and would only lower their price by 10¢ each time, so now I’m not gonna buy it from them on principle for being a jerkface haha)

·
Premium Member
228 Posts
Where’d you find one for $46? (I tried to submit a “best offer” to one of the eBay listings but the person doesn’t understand what that feature is for and would only lower their price by 10¢ each time, so now I’m not gonna buy it from them on principle for being a jerkface haha)
Look, you have to check regularly for some sellers to low the price as I did. I found one for $49 and offered $45 seller played around same as happened to you. In the end I paid $47, but seller canceled the order. I kept checking and then there were two listings of $49. I offered $45, $46 and $47 in one and was rejected. In the other I offered $45 and then $46 and seller accepted. Keep looking and maybe you'll find a good deal or wait for cyber Monday.
20201125_122308.jpg

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Look, you have to check regularly for some sellers to low the price as I did. I found one for $49 and offered $45 seller played around same as happened to you. In the end I paid $47, but seller canceled the order. I kept checking and then there were two listings of $49. I offered $45, $46 and $47 in one and was rejected. In the other I offered $45 and then $46 and seller accepted. Keep looking and maybe you'll find a good deal or wait for cyber Monday. View attachment 65010
So off of eBay, that’s all I wanted to know. Yeah, I’m not in a huge rush here so I’m waiting it out... (And I’m remembering the name of the seller I didn’t like! :) ) Glad to hear yours worked out well.

·
Registered
581 Posts
What was the name of that seller?
I’m wanting one of these for my cabrio for when I do happen to have the top down to keep people from seeing stuff in the back.(I know it won’t be a lot of space but oh well if it keeps something from getting my top cut when it is up to get stolen I’m ok with it)
Yes I have the factory alarm to help when the top is down but if I can prevent it I will.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
What was the name of that seller?
I’m wanting one of these for my cabrio for when I do happen to have the top down to keep people from seeing stuff in the back.(I know it won’t be a lot of space but oh well if it keeps something from getting my top cut when it is up to get stolen I’m ok with it)
Yes I have the factory alarm to help when the top is down but if I can prevent it I will.
They were listed as kfz-experts. I’ve sold a bunch of stuff over the years on eBay and am just annoyed that they’re using the “OBO” feature poorly. My grudge doesn’t have to be your grudge! hahaha

·
Registered
581 Posts
I’ve had a grudge against a few sellers on eBay so if I can avoid dealing with a bad one I will.
I had bought some leds for the backup lights on my rx8 and the family truck only to find out after the seller had pulled the listing that one was bad(no listing means I couldn’t contact them over the issue)

·
Premium Member
228 Posts
I’ve had a grudge against a few sellers on eBay so if I can avoid dealing with a bad one I will.
I had bought some leds for the backup lights on my rx8 and the family truck only to find out after the seller had pulled the listing that one was bad(no listing means I couldn’t contact them over the issue)
But you can contact eBay for a refund. Didn't you?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I finally got one at a decent enough price from a good seller and am happy to say after a little jiggling around, got it installed in my car. I don’t think anyone was going to break in to steal my roll of paper towels or reusable shopping bags, but now it feels a little more secure! :)

·
Premium Member
228 Posts
I finally got one at a decent enough price from a good seller and am happy to say after a little jiggling around, got it installed in my car. I don’t think anyone was going to break in to steal my roll of paper towels or reusable shopping bags, but now it feels a little more secure! :)
Congrats. 🙂

1 - 20 of 26 Posts