Smart Car of America Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
Here is correct installation, when i installed first time i used old's model document. pdf and its different from new one

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
Plastic covers on cables are too sensitive to heat and will melt, try to avoid contact with hot surface
and don't put close to exhaust like i did

·
Registered
409 Posts
i have the ECU but they have a new one that's actually cheaper now... i paid 700.. the new one i believe is 550

curious on the Go pedal as the lag and delay is bad in the smart,

·
Premium Member
2,297 Posts
i have the ECU but they have a new one that's actually cheaper now... i paid 700.. the new one i believe is 550

curious on the Go pedal as the lag and delay is bad in the smart,
The more expensive one allows you to make adjustments, while the lower priced one makes all the adjustments on its own. If you effortlessly understand what I'm referring to, you are probably a candidate for the more expensive one... :nerd:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello All,

I just recently purchased a 2017 Smart Cabrio , I went with the Stage 2 AM package...

1) ODB Flash - Completed and easily done

2) Go Peddle - Completed and easily done

3) ECU - haven't done this yet, plan to tomorrow - after looking on forum , i see pics of which plugs to use, but not of placement of ECU once. Complete.

Any pics or guidance on module placement would be appreciated

·
Registered
15 Posts
How do you like the Stage 2 package after a year? I'm still debating whether to go ahead of not mainly due to reliability and warranty reasons.

Where did you end up placing the module?

Thanks!

Hello All,

I just recently purchased a 2017 Smart Cabrio , I went with the Stage 2 AM package...

1) ODB Flash - Completed and easily done

2) Go Peddle - Completed and easily done

3) ECU - haven't done this yet, plan to tomorrow - after looking on forum , i see pics of which plugs to use, but not of placement of ECU once. Complete.

Any pics or guidance on module placement would be appreciated

21 - 27 of 27 Posts