Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,616 Posts
Give our friend jetfuel a little time out behind the shed with a bent smart rim a two by four and a hammer, similar results . . .

Or, for only $6,900 you can start your own business and become a SCoA Supporting Vendor?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFjSsujC7Y4#t=104

Grab your cold beverage of choice - 7 minutes, 22 seconds of your life you will never get back.

Nothing of real interest until about 5 mins, 30 secs.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
There are people who service the local dealers around here with wheel repair service. Some are at fixed locations and some are mobile. I think one of the Mercedes dealers has a machine in their detail shop.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Rim Straightening:

After watching the video, I decided to see if I could get the two rear rims that someone gave me, straightened. One is from a Pure and the other a Passion 9 spoke rim.
I looked up rim straightening services and found one near my location. When I took the rims over to them, they were Russians and they have the machine pictured in another post on this thread.
They took the rims, spun them on a wheel balancer to see if the center portion was bent and came back with a price of $100.00 for the Pure rim, which had a very minor bend on the bead and $125.00 for the Passion rim, which had a lot more damage. The price also included repainting the rim.
I decided to pass as the price was a bit high to recondition these rims.
The place looked busy with a lot of 22-26" rims being straightened and repainted.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts