Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Super Moderator
28,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
M. Alex Johnson NBC News
14 hours ago

Phil Everly, half of one of the most popular and influential music duos of the 1950s and '60s, the Everly Brothers, died Friday at age 74, family members said.

Jason Everly confirmed to NBC News that his father had died. The Los Angeles Times quoted Everly's wife, Patti, as saying Everly died of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease after decades of smoking. The Times report quoted her as saying, “We are absolutely heartbroken.”

At their peak, the Everly Brothers — Phil, who was born in 1939, and Don, who was born in 1937 and survives his younger brother — hit it big in 1957 with "Bye Bye Love."
:(

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
I'm glad Don is still alive. You are the first to mention him. The media never ever mentioned him. I remember the song 'Wake up little Suzy' when I fell in love with a girl called Laurel in upper Manhattan and I was madly in love with her (hormones) ..and I soon realized I had no chance. Wow... that was a while ago. I still have the 45 record.

·
He's not mine
9,607 Posts
I heard about Phil's passing on the radio this afternoon (NPR). One of the most influential acts in the early days of Pop/Rock. He'll live on as long as we enjoy his music.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts