Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
28,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
(CNN)Stephen Hawking, the brilliant British theoretical physicist who overcame a debilitating disease to publish wildly popular books probing the mysteries of the universe, has died, according to a family spokesman. He was 76.
Considered by many to be the world's greatest living scientist, Hawking was also a cosmologist, astronomer, mathematician and author of numerous books including the landmark "A Brief History of Time," which has sold more than 10 million copies.
https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/14/health/stephen-hawking-dead/index.html

·
Registered
138 Posts
A great mind trapped in a failing body.

I had the honor of meeting him twice over the years.

Very nice, great sense of humor.
Sounds like you have an interesting story or two to share about a fascinating person. Please forgive me if it's too personal, but are you a physicist, or otherwise a scientist/mathematician/academician? How did you meet him? On what occasion? Did you have an opportunity to enjoy a significant conversation with him? (Of course I understand and appreciate if you prefer to not answer, preserving personal information. This surely isn't the best place for this discussion. But you've been fortunate, so please consider sharing just a little more.)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts