Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I am thinking of driving from Ohio to the grand canyon or California next summer for and extended vacation. I have a 2009 passion cabriolet with approximately 65,000 miles on it. I am wondering if anyone has any suggestions for upgrades or things that should be done prior to such a trip. I am also wondering how the car will handle in the mountains if I have a passenger and the car is loaded down with our belongings.

I just got new tires last year , but don't have a spare at this point.
My ac is currently not working, so I know that will need repaired.
I don't have cruise control, so I am thinking about that.

Thanks in advance for your input!

Laura

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
You will want cruise control and A/C. Make sure fluids are good and brakes are in good order before setting out. I am currently on a 10k mile roadtrip in my 2011, it has been working great.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I would suggest a spare (front wheel size), a bottle jack and an 18 inch breaker bar with a socket. Our tires are unusual enough so that most ex-urban places will not have them in stock. My first flat cost me over $200 and I promised myself that I wouldn't let it happen again!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Funny that we are headed to Ohio from Phoenix next week. I installed a cruise control and armrest for the trip.

Make sure your wipers are in good order, fluids are good/changed, brakes are in check and your tire pressures are good. A/C will really help as the temps can vary depending on what time of month you are traveling in these parts.

·
Registered
7 Posts

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts