Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey!

So I have a Smar ForFour 1.0 (2018), and I want to do a road trip with it.
The trip will be 376 km (233 miles), and I want to know if it is a good car to travel with and if I need to refuel with gas in the middle of the trip.

Hope u can help me !

·
Super Moderator
28,834 Posts
Of course you can do a road trip with it. Since it's been driven for 2 years, there must be a pretty good fuel economy history on the display - that will give you an idea of the range on one tank. Is refueling an issue for some reason? :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
On the display it says my average is 6.8L /km.
I have a car for one year now, I bought it with 1300 km and I have done already 3700km.
Its not a issue but I would like to don't stop for refueling, but some people told me that is normal for smart's because their deposit is small (27,5 L)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Can you carry a portable tank of fuel? Where there’s a will, there’s a way...
I can't. But do you have a
Of course you can do a road trip with it. Since it's been driven for 2 years, there must be a pretty good fuel economy history on the display - that will give you an idea of the range on one tank. Is refueling an issue for some reason? :)
Here are some specs for your car: 2014 Smart Forfour II 1.0 (71 Hp) Automatic | Technical specs, data, fuel consumption, Dimensions You seem to be using more fuel than the car should be.... Fuel tank is 28 liters, so at the rated 3.6 l/100 km a forfour should get close to 700 km highway range (YMMV, of course) :)
Mine is not automatic, how can I make my average better? So you are saying that a ForFour can make 700km not stoping for refuel?

·
Super Moderator
28,834 Posts
Mine is not automatic, how can I make my average better? So you are saying that a ForFour can make 700km not stoping for refuel?
That's what the math says. The manual transmission model should get ever better fuel economy....If you do a lot of city driving, rapid acceleration, short trips, extended periods idling, etc. that doesn't help the fuel economy. :)

Here are the specs for the manual transmission forfour: 2014 Smart Forfour II 1.0 (71 Hp) | Technical specs, data, fuel consumption, Dimensions

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's what the math says. The manual transmission model should get ever better fuel economy....If you do a lot of city driving, rapid acceleration, short trips, extended periods idling, etc. that doesn't help the fuel economy. :)
yes I do a lot of city driving, and this trip will be my first with this car. I think I will use CruiseControl do you think that will help to economy fuel?

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
I have older cans and one newer can. The old ones will smell up the cabin, but the new one I left in the house for a few days and nobody complained because no smell.

I just fill up as needed though, never brought one to refuel.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts