Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Premium Member
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering how many of the original 08 owners... those that either put the $99 and waited a year or so... or those that purchase one of the orphans are still around SCOA? Please post so we know who you are.

Can't remember my reservation number but configured Max, our 08 Cabrio on 12/20/07. Picked him up on 05/21/08 from Smart Center Lynnfield, Ma. Still have him and currently he lives in the Ocala area of Florida.:)

·
Super Moderator
11,309 Posts
Bought my first '08 Pure in June of '08, 17,999 miles.Replaced after catching on fire. got my '09 in May of '09,165,xxx miles,sold after motor failure. got my latest '08 in April of '16,8,000 miles so far, was parked for a few months after a deer hit and knee surgery. put back on the road a few months ago and running great!

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
We ordered our 2008 Passion Coupe with comfort package in late July of 2007. We paid the $99.00 on-line, configured the car waited 50 weeks to take delivery which was on 07/11/08 from Penske-smart, West Covina. The car, now, only has 40k miles on the odometer & is performing perfectly.
I often think what happened to all of that enthusiasm from back in the early days when people just couldn't get enough exposure to their smart cars and owner's could talk for hours about the mods that they did to their cars. In the Fall of 08, Penske smart, West Covina hosted a 10 year anniversary party along with a tour of the local mountain canyons. The participation was overwhelming, the raffle was fantastic, and everyone went home with a t-shirt. All of that is gone now and probably for good. What a shame.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Ordered 13 Jun 07
Thank you for your smart fortwo reservation. Your confirmation number is 0013811289

Just about 14 months for it to arrive. Still have it and going back to the original blue from the 08 red. Change every 6 months. No major issues

·
Registered
4,476 Posts
I submitted my order for my '08 within the first minute of the first day of reservation-taking, March 19, 2007. And then I took delivery of the very first 451 in San Diego on January 19, 2008.

SCoA member since December 8, 2007. Let's get this 10-year anniversary party going!

·
10Year+ Supporting Member
3,569 Posts
SCoA member since December 8, 2007. Let's get this 10-year anniversary party going![/QUOTE]

I would like to see SCoA add a small gold medallion under each member's avatar for 10 and then 15 years of membership like the Corvette Forum does. Over there, I have my 10 year medallion and will soon have my 15 year medallion.

I have been here since Nov. 16, 2007 and on CsC since Dec. 2006.

·
Super Moderator
11,309 Posts
We ordered our 2008 Passion Coupe with comfort package in late July of 2007. We paid the $99.00 on-line, configured the car waited 50 weeks to take delivery which was on 07/11/08 from Penske-smart, West Covina. The car, now, only has 40k miles on the odometer & is performing perfectly.
I often think what happened to all of that enthusiasm from back in the early days when people just couldn't get enough exposure to their smart cars and owner's could talk for hours about the mods that they did to their cars. In the Fall of 08, Penske smart, West Covina hosted a 10 year anniversary party along with a tour of the local mountain canyons. The participation was overwhelming, the raffle was fantastic, and everyone went home with a t-shirt. All of that is gone now and probably for good. What a shame.
Some of us still talk too much about these darn cars! and some of us put a bunch of miles on them too! Maybe we need to have a national 10 year anniversary for smarts...:shrug:

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Our reservation # was 7031311272. The date that our reservation was confirmed was 6/26/2007. I saved everything that came with this car including the PDI checklist and the Warranty Unit Inquiry Form showing the build date of 06/04/08, date landed of 06/12/08 & a warranty start date of 7/11/08, which is the day we took delivery.
I also have the Warranty Unit Inquiry Form for our 09 Pure, which we acquired used with 1600 miles on the odometer. Penske smart-West Covina was the original selling dealer and when I switched the warranty information over to our name at the dealership service department I asked for this form which they were able to provide.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I purchased an orphan from the Smart Center San Jose on Saturday, July 12th, 2008. A Blue/Silver Passion. The car had a lot of misfire problems. San Jose smart dealership bought the car back, full credit on Halloween, 2008.

I decided to take an orphan that was on the lot. That smart car is still running strong as my shuttle pod. Love the smart.

I did all my research about the car on this site before buying my smart car. I had no hesitation to buy another smart when the dealership offered to buy the first car back.

·
Registered
65 Posts
SCoA member since December 8, 2007. Let's get this 10-year anniversary party going!
I would like to see SCoA add a small gold medallion under each member's avatar for 10 and then 15 years of membership like the Corvette Forum does. Over there, I have my 10 year medallion and will soon have my 15 year medallion.

I have been here since Nov. 16, 2007 and on CsC since Dec. 2006.[/QUOTE]

I also own a corvette(2010 GS) and a 911 c4. If you were to be totally honest which one do you drive the most? I will have to admit I enjoy my 2015 Brabus, it is my go to car for gas mileage and smiles. I am also on the corvette forum.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Bought my '08 Cabrio in 2010, Smart called it red, but it was orange to me, sold it and I now own a black '09 Brabus Cabrio, and I love it, bought it from ATL SmartAlec who is a member of this site.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Ordered 08 cab 3/22/08 Res#7470011176 with fogs, rev counter/clock, power steering$17,495. Waited 53 weeks for delivery as Salt Lake City dealer wasn't open for business & didn't know when they would be. One of the Wheels at smart usa had it diverted to Portland. Loved it to death. sold with close to 130k. Flew to Coco Nut Creek FL Sep 16 bought a 17 cab drove back to Boise 3,300k. Love this car to death!!!!!

·
Registered
253 Posts
Ordered 08 cab 3/22/08 Res#7470011176 with fogs, rev counter/clock, power steering$17,495. Waited 53 weeks for delivery as Salt Lake City dealer wasn't open for business & didn't know when they would be. One of the Wheels at smart usa had it diverted to Portland. Loved it to death. sold with close to 130k. Flew to Coco Nut Creek FL Sep 16 bought a 17 cab drove back to Boise 3,300k. Love this car to death!!!!!
3/22/07

·
Registered
82 Posts
We ordered on 3/19/07 and put the $99 down. We took delivery on 1/29/08 from Smart Center Milwaukee. I think it was the 6th car delivered in Wisconsin. It is still driven daily, has 72,000 miles. It's had no major problems, and very few minor ones.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts