Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the complete roof system from a 2008 cabrio. will sell cheep for $200 plus shipping from Fargo ND. This would be $2000+ new. I also have other parts. doors, rear quarter panels red, ac pump, passenger air bag, and some odds and ends electrical control boxes. This car was cannibalized for my trike project. Make offers. I am trying to clean out my basement. Wives don't like basements to be car part warehouses:confused:.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
When I took it off the car it was retracted. I am not sure I can open it up. I will look into this and get back.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I tried to open the roof. I got the back half to open but cant get the part that runs in the side tracks to open up, There must be some release mechanism that works with the side rails which I don't have anymore. If any one knows how this works let me know.

·
He's not mine
9,607 Posts
I would like to know the condition of this roof also. Like, was this a rarely used garage queen? How often opened/closed at 70+MPH and so on.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The car was wreaked on the front. I purchased it at auction from Indianapolis. It had 22000 miles on it. I think the roof was in good shape. It would open and close but I was in a hurry to tear the car apart and start my project. I wasn't thinking of the sale of used parts at that time. I still have not opened it up completely. Still working on that.

·
Premium Member
685 Posts
A good guy to deal with. He had a few hard to find parts I needed putting one of our student cars back together.

Have a good winter and cheers,
Bob in KCMO

·
Registered
284 Posts
I've given up. He had a likely buyer with me.

Good luck.
Eh, too bad. The front edge of the roof on the 2009 is starting to detatch. Double sided tape isn't doing the job. Duct tape looks kind of nasty. Those roofs are pricey!

I think I'll start a roof attaching thread.

Jill

·
He's not mine
9,607 Posts
Are there people interested in buying that I am not seeing?:confused:
I sent a return pm to lettuce.
You and I exchanged several PMs the second week of December. You even quoted me shipping. Then, you just vanished and stopped responding to my PMs.

I won't fight Lettuce though.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts