Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, we are looking at a used 09 passion with 34,000K;s and noticed that the roof is crazing, has anyone up here had their roof replaced or repaired and if so what did it cost, I don't think the car is still under warranty and we are trying to see if we can get a better price now that we noticed it. Thanks.

·
Registered
4,308 Posts
Hello, we are looking at a used 09 passion with 34,000K;s and noticed that the roof is crazing, has anyone up here had their roof replaced or repaired and if so what did it cost, I don't think the car is still under warranty and we are trying to see if we can get a better price now that we noticed it. Thanks.
When I first noticed it on my smart, I was well out of warranty. smart quoted me $1100 to replace it. That was in 2010. I'm sure it's gone up since then...:(

Needless to say, it didn't bother me that bad. Even after smart agreed to pay labor if I paid for parts, it would have cost me over $700... NO thanks!!!:eek:

·
Registered
521 Posts
My 08 had the roof craze. Didn't really care and didn't use the sunroof, got a heatshield for it and that was it, until i sold it, took it out and put it in my new smart with no roof craze. I would have it open all the time if the glass was tinted.

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
Have the top vinyl wrapped with black or silver. Then put silver bubble insulation wrap between the roof and the inside cover. Helps keep it cooler.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Ya I bought mine used only ever being in a 450 when they first came out up here so I had no idea until I joined the form. Maybe someone can go to VIS in the states and have them make us a pretty carbon fiber replacement panel :)

·
Registered
449 Posts
I just started to notice it on my 2008... Any history of that turning into actual cracks that leak? Or are they just aging "Character lines" that add a sparkley custom touch?

·
Registered
912 Posts
Sparkly custom touch. Never heard of a polycarbonate part breaking because of this in an "it broke" situation as opposed to a "you broke it".

1 - 12 of 12 Posts