Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any way to make this car ride smooth? I have a 2008 Passion, and it rides like a wagon. Very rough ride and we try to avoid any and all holes or rough roads when at all possible. I've read where some have said how smooth their car rides. I am very disappointed in this ride.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ron

·
Registered
11,472 Posts
Is there any way to make this car ride smooth? I have a 2008 Passion, and it rides like a wagon. Very rough ride and we try to avoid any and all holes or rough roads when at all possible. I've read where some have said how smooth their car rides. I am very disappointed in this ride.

Ron
Short wheel base, low profile tires ... nature of the beast ... you are doing all the right things !!!

·
Premium Member
7,593 Posts
What chieftmc said plus very short suspension travel.

Just make sure that your dental insurance allows for the annual tightening of tooth fillings . . .

·
Registered
3,454 Posts

Ron

People here put bigger tires (balloons) on 4 same size rear rims = Better Ride, That's "ALL" you can do to soften the ride...

·
Banned
682 Posts
You're correct...the suspension compliance of the Smart 451 is very disappointing over uneven surfaces...very poorly engineered...hopefully this glaring flaw will be corrected on the upcoming 453!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts