Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What a better way for Smarties to converge and strut your stuff. Plus use this event as a springboard to build momentum for the 1st national event. Many sponsers and national coverage of this event ! 200 + Smarties gathered around Illinois's capital, mind boggling :cool:

·
Registered
350 Posts
I'm actually thinking of driving Route 66 from sometime next year hopefully. Just need to see how much we can pack in the Smart and plot out camp grounds along the way.

·
Registered
4,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Lots of Rt 66 events: The Mother Road: Historic Route 66 - Events 2009

This looks like the Mother Road Festival in September: International Route 66 Mother Road Festival

We'll be lucky if there are any June 2010 events that work for the trips to the National Rally. :)

The image I was aiming for was to show by numbers (HUGE TURNOUT) that vendors and media would see. Hence, open up more doors and resources to support next years national event. Any event that can be overwhelmed by Smarties will show a demand for vendors and frenzy for the media. Regards, Barney o.

·
Super Moderator
28,306 Posts
I agree; whether that could happen by next month is anybody's guess. Unfortunately, a lot of us will be at the Tail of the Dragon that weekend but for anyone else - go for it! :)

·
17,360 Posts
Hmmm. I expect to have my car by then so I might be all in for it!

Sounds like a great way to spend a weekend and put on some miles... :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts