Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is no international section, so I don't know if this is the right section, maybe a mod can put me right.
Anyway, We had a smart meet today Sunday 14th Sept, here in Britain, from Leeds to Bridlington, Which is on the east coast of Yorkshire, over a dozen smarts came along for a lovely drive in glorious sunshine, which is amazing as it has rained every day for about the last 2 weeks.
Just thought you guys over there might be interested in what is going on in the smart world elsewhere.
I will try to post some piccies.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
thanks.

Many thanks to the administrators for adding an international section for me, this is a great site, you should be proud.
Have fun with your smarties.
Ellis.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Hello and thanks for the Roadster pics. Wish we could get them stateside. They do look cool. I know what you are talking about when it comes to raid there. I was there two months and only 2 weeks of sun we had was when my wife flew out and brought some from Texas.

Also, is that Brighton beach I see in the pictures?

cheers.:D

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not Brighton

Hey smartHHO, no it is Bridlington on the North Yorkshire coast, lovely little town, very busy on a Nice Sunday.
There is a London to Brighton run that is famous, ours is the
Leeds to Bridlington run, "up north and cheaper". Actually, it is free.
Here is some more pics from the day.

·
Super Moderator
28,699 Posts
Thanks for the photos - very nice to see some sun! We spend most of our time down South when we visit and really need to get up North and see some of that part of the UK. :)

·
Registered
327 Posts
Personally, I really like the idea of the international region. I know that there are way more countries that have smarts, I would love to hear from them. Not only the Americas, but Australia, Spain, France etc.... Not sure how to invite them, but it would be great. Just talking off the top of my head.
Russ

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Personally, I really like the idea of the international region. I know that there are way more countries that have smarts, I would love to hear from them. Not only the Americas, but Australia, Spain, France etc.... Not sure how to invite them, but it would be great. Just talking off the top of my head.
Russ
Thanks for that Russ, I think it is a case of , "build it, and they will come", it is just a new section made by the admins after I posted this thread, so if others see it they may post.
On another note, we had a smarty dog walk in Chatsworth Park last Sunday, and then went to a dog friendly pub for Sunday lunch, here is some piccies.

It was a bit of a disaster as we got lost and ended up in the bracken and ferns as you can see.
We are going to a roller disco soon, it is quite good that we don't just do car stuff, and for halloween we are having a run to Whitby, where Bram Stoker is buried and was the setting for dracula, we will be getting dressed up for that, now where is my Headless costume!!

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Lands end to John o'Groats

As far as I am aware, none, unless somebody has done it on their own, without publicity.
It is a good idea though, for a smart event, would advertise the brand well.
I reckon it could be done on 2-3 tanks of fuel, 837 miles according to Google Earth in 14 hours 56 minutes.
El
ps has anybody been across America in a smart yet?

·
Registered
327 Posts
Headless. There have been a couple of people who have made the trip and one making a round about trip presently. I would love to make the trip myself and wouldn't have a problem with it. Seems to be quite a comfortable car in the trips I have taken.... albeit, shorter, but I could manage....
Russ

1 - 12 of 12 Posts