Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
headlights off, runs hot

We bought a 2017 Cabrio yesterday, and we love it! However it was involved in a minor front end impact. It runs hot on the Interstate, 210+, in the red zone. What to check besides coolant level which is OK? Suggestions?
EDIT/CORRECTION. I WAS READING IT WRONG. ENGINE TEMP OK.
Headlights are way out of line. I assume the two white nylon (plastic) protrusions on back of the headlight housing are for adjustment? These are the new style headlights, not like our previous 2015 Pure. Can post picture.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Minor/Major

What a dealer says is minor,to you or me is a major crash. If you pull the front clip,check that the radiator is not crushed or
cooling fiins deformed. My 2013 runs are 189 deg on hwy, on an 80 to 90 degree weather day. Sitting at idle for long periods
of time,(food drive-thru) the cooling fan turns on at 212 degrees,to bring the temp back to under 200. Does your cooling fan
turn on??.................

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What a dealer says is minor,to you or me is a major crash. If you pull the front clip,check that the radiator is not crushed or
cooling fiins deformed. My 2013 runs are 189 deg on hwy, on an 80 to 90 degree weather day. Sitting at idle for long periods
of time,(food drive-thru) the cooling fan turns on at 212 degrees,to bring the temp back to under 200. Does your cooling fan
turn on??.................
Albertlastsmart, my apologies. I was reading the temp gauge wrong. The multicolored display threw me off. Never saw one like that. I just took it for a drive and watched the scale go up from cold. Yes, before I bought it i looked at the radiator etc. Radiator looks like new, no bent fins. Front suspension and steering shows no sign of damage or replacement. Plastic doesn't line up perfectly and headlights are way off, that's all. Thanks for the response and sorry I had to ask, but hey, that's how we learn.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts